Bellato Legacy Donating Member 2,713 Member For: 15y 11m 10d Posted 02/08/12 01:09 AM Posted 02/08/12 01:09 AM I now have an anxious wait to check mine after reading this thread! I've had some sounds and stuff coming from the rear end (just bought FG T) Pedders did look over it but not overly confident with their check now.XEGhia looks like a really good job of reinforcing the cradle! I guess the other thing is how many people have gotten Ford to fix the problem? My cars out of warranty but its got a full Ford service history so If its cracked I'd be hoping to take up the issue with them!
Ralph Wiggum Moar Powar Babeh Legacy Donating Member 19,334 Member For: 21y 6d Gender: Male Location: Perth Posted 02/08/12 02:18 AM Posted 02/08/12 02:18 AM Nice job on reinforcing the cradle mate, once you squirted it with a little black paint it looks almost factory!
xeghia82 Member 54 Member For: 14y 8m 21d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne, South Eastern Suburbs Posted 02/08/12 06:42 AM Author Posted 02/08/12 06:42 AM Thanks guys. I highly recommend you check your diff cradles out. as you can see mine had torn on both sides. I now feel confident when giving it a squirt knowing that its all re-inforced and holding together. Oh, and I also went over the weld where the upper control arms bolt to as I didn't like the look of the welds. Some looked like they were barely grabbing.George
Bellato Legacy Donating Member 2,713 Member For: 15y 11m 10d Posted 03/08/12 07:53 AM Posted 03/08/12 07:53 AM Diff cradle checked and no issues as of yet, something to definately keep an eye on!
fehlbie Legacy Donating Member 142 Member For: 17y 5m 28d Posted 22/11/12 08:21 AM Posted 22/11/12 08:21 AM I just checked mine after reading this thread and mine is cracked too. The diff bush is cactus too.
wa g6et Member 657 Member For: 15y 3m 26d Gender: Male Location: Perth NOR Posted 22/11/12 10:30 AM Posted 22/11/12 10:30 AM I will be interested to see how my cradle holds up. I have had superpro comforts in since pretty much from new when I put the truetrac in. I am hoping less movement with the firmer bushes will help prevent the cradle from cracking.
jimmixr Legacy Donating Member 686 Member For: 16y 1m 10d Posted 22/11/12 10:57 AM Posted 22/11/12 10:57 AM Just saw this thread..I think ill be crawling under mine tomorrowId be inclined to think the opposite. Stiffer bushes..less flex which would inturn put more pressure and load on the cradle..
wa g6et Member 657 Member For: 15y 3m 26d Gender: Male Location: Perth NOR Posted 22/11/12 12:56 PM Posted 22/11/12 12:56 PM My hopefull thinking is all the movement from the soft factory bushes and the diff and cvs all banging around is the intial cause of the cradle cracking. Just stopping the whole drive from thumping around maybe might reduce the likelihood of it happening.
The Converted Legacy Donating Member 344 Member For: 15y 22d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 22/11/12 02:02 PM Posted 22/11/12 02:02 PM Doubt it.When the tail shaft rotates, it causes the diff centre housing to effectively want to do forward/backward summersaults. The main centre bush stops this from occurring. A harder bush in this area would just transfer more of that energy into the cradle. That's how I see it anyway. I hope for your sake that I am wrong.
wa g6et Member 657 Member For: 15y 3m 26d Gender: Male Location: Perth NOR Posted 22/11/12 10:59 PM Posted 22/11/12 10:59 PM Yeah I get that bit, but more when the factory bush has already shagged and the rear end starts slapping around. That banging(even when the bushes are new still happens) can't be doing the cradle much good?
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now