Xr6T Diy Day

EvilDaifu

• Cruise Whore
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 18y 8m 18d

Been thinkin about what 1NSANE said and my own experience with Paulie when he helped me out. We need a suitable venue first. I think we have the contributors sorted out :roflmbo:

Here's what I think we would need in the way of a venue:

- Electricity

- Running Water

- Level Concrete Floor

- Good lighting

- Shelter from the elements

- Plenty of space for cars

- Toilets

- Close to a Bunnings/Super Cheap Auto etc for those inevitable last minute parts :cry:

- Not too far out of town incase anybody needs a tow home :nono:

We could probably set a date once the venue is sorted out. Wondering if anyone knows of a suitable sheltered space for us to use for free or a nominal fee ala slab of beer or case of wine?

Attendees

- Would need to sign a waiver freeing the forum and members from any liability whilst attending the DIY Day.

- BYO tools (not that you can borrow someone elses if necessary - but be prepared to pay for any damage to other people's tools).

- BYO parts.

- Contribute to said nominal fee incentive for the venue.

• Three pedals are better then two..
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 10m 28d

Good idea Gaz,

Finding a venue is going to be pretty hard, because of insurance costs and things like that.

If you can get a set list of what people want to do then you might be able to sort out what area you need? I.e do you need power tools or not etc.

• FLY-FPV
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 8m 26d

Shouldn't need power tools cos were not goin to be doin anything major but we can bring battery powerd tools so we should be right I think were looking into this to much we need to keep it simple just go to a park and just do it not stuff around and take forever trying to find a full blown free work shop lol thy don't exist

Were only gonna be doin minor maintenance and talking about general things with these cars to who ever wants to no

• 2 weeks later...
  • Back Again..
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 7m 16d

They need somewhere to hold this by the looks of things which is going to be a tough task :mda:

• Cruise Whore
  • Moderating Team

Well, looks like no big sheds are forthcoming. Might check out that place we were talkin about daztbo - but just about every weekend has been a bit wet :nono:

I don't mind not havin electricity and stuff, but it aint no fun doin things in the rain. Got a flat tyre on the T today and it was a bugger changin it in the rain :omg:

• Cruise Whore
  • Moderating Team

Okay looks like this Sunday 20 May may be the go as the weather looks dry in the arvo - is this too short notice? Othewise it is wet wet wet for the coming weekends. Just need to double check with Daz.

Here's the initial list courtesy of doc Daz :thumbsup: I'm not sure what is achieveable in a public spot without getting too messy - so will refine the list accordingly.

1. Tighten manifold bolts

2. Lube and clean boost solinoid actuator

3. Change spark plugs + coils

4. Change tps + reset tps

5. Change engine oil + filter

6. Change fuel filter

7. Clean throttle body

8. Block of bov to make flutter

9. Clean aircon filter

Bunna mate, did you want to contribute as well. Anyone else? I just need to get a loose idea of timing so that we can make a reasonable effort to get through things as well.

Won't be any BBQ lunch at this stage, just bring along a cut lunch and have a picnic.