bionic_oosty Legacy Donating Member 241 Member For: 14y 8m 14d Gender: Male Location: Sydney/Wollongong Posted 11/04/12 05:15 AM Posted 11/04/12 05:15 AM (edited) Hey all,I had my new Xtreme HD clutch installed today and it works a treat with no slipping under loads..BUT - It feels like the friction point with clutch pedal is pretty much at the firewall and as if the clutch is not being engaged 100% because you're already hard up against the floor.The gears (FROM NEUTRAL) are very stubborn and notchy, I have to force gears alot more than feels right. And reverse is cringeworthy with the amount of force required!! It does get alot better when it warms up though.But yeah, I would prefer the friction point of pedal be further out more and my question is - Is this possible?? I know my previous S15 Silvia had a thread adjuster, but I cannot see one in the xr6tCheers, Josh Edited 11/04/12 05:17 AM by bionic_oosty
Ralph Wiggum Moar Powar Babeh Legacy Donating Member 19,334 Member For: 21y 4d Gender: Male Location: Perth Posted 11/04/12 05:21 AM Posted 11/04/12 05:21 AM nope not adjustable on these cars. Is the clutch bleed properly?
bionic_oosty Legacy Donating Member 241 Member For: 14y 8m 14d Gender: Male Location: Sydney/Wollongong Posted 11/04/12 05:36 AM Author Posted 11/04/12 05:36 AM (edited) Apparently so.. The mechanic said he bled everything after replacing new gearbox and clutch fluids.Hmm, not adjustable.. No good! Edited 11/04/12 05:37 AM by bionic_oosty
Paulie2256 Legacy Donating Member 7,441 Member For: 17y 10m 6d Gender: Male Location: SE Melbourne Posted 11/04/12 05:42 AM Posted 11/04/12 05:42 AM Also, for reverse make sure your lockout solenoid is working correctly.
bionic_oosty Legacy Donating Member 241 Member For: 14y 8m 14d Gender: Male Location: Sydney/Wollongong Posted 11/04/12 05:52 AM Author Posted 11/04/12 05:52 AM Ohh now we're talking.. I don't know where this 'lockout solenoid' is, so I'm keen to check it now.Where is it and how do I check if it works??Thanks
freeze_dk I am dissatisfied with my current employment situation Legacy Donating Member 8,610 Member For: 19y 11m 30d Gender: Male Posted 11/04/12 06:02 AM Posted 11/04/12 06:02 AM I dont have a lockout and mines fine
Paulie2256 Legacy Donating Member 7,441 Member For: 17y 10m 6d Gender: Male Location: SE Melbourne Posted 11/04/12 06:30 AM Posted 11/04/12 06:30 AM It's on the front RHS of the box. There are about 2 or 3 bolts holding it in. Pull it out and put 12v through it. If it works it should release. If it does next test would be to put the stick in reverse and check for 12v at the connector. It is connected to the reverse light circuit. Freeze, when rolling forward are you able to grind reverse at all, or does it hit a wall?
freeze_dk I am dissatisfied with my current employment situation Legacy Donating Member 8,610 Member For: 19y 11m 30d Gender: Male Posted 11/04/12 06:59 AM Posted 11/04/12 06:59 AM Not sure..
bionic_oosty Legacy Donating Member 241 Member For: 14y 8m 14d Gender: Male Location: Sydney/Wollongong Posted 11/04/12 07:20 AM Author Posted 11/04/12 07:20 AM Alrite, thanks heaps for that Paulie. I will check that out over the weekend!It seems to have loosened up quite alot though since I picked car up this morning.. All gears (even reverse) work almost perfectly now!But the real test will be on a cold start tomorrow..Thanks for the info peeps
MX Dave Legacy Donating Member 545 Member For: 15y 5m 22d Gender: Male Posted 11/04/12 10:46 PM Posted 11/04/12 10:46 PM The falcons concentric slave cylinder can be difficult to bleed at the best of times. After normal bleeding procedure I normally undo the cap on the resiovouir and pump the clutch for about 5 to 10 minutes which self bleeds the rest, other people just let te car sit for Half a day with the cap off and it basically does the same job, best of luck! Keep in mind if it hasn't self bled by now something is probably wrong.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now