Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Moar Powar Babeh
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 21y 13d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Perth
Posted
Hey all, I had my new Xtreme HD clutch installed today

there's you problem........

Ask you mechanic if he checked the release bearing crush. The CSC need to be setup with aprox 14-17mm "crush" on it to disengage the clutch properly. If the CSC isnt shimmed correctly it can run out of travel before the clutch is fully disengaged hence the hard gear selection and shifting.

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 14y 8m 23d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Sydney/Wollongong
Posted

Dave - thanks for that info mate, I will do the pumping of clutch with cap off thing like you mentioned!

Ralph - I took car back to mechanic and mentioned this and he said the bearing had no way of being altered (I don't know much about clutches, so didn't argue the point).. But the clutch has gotten to about 95% drivability and I think it's all loosened up inside now. goes into every gear well now, I guess it will only improve over the next couple of weeks!

Cheers again for quick feedback

  • Moar Powar Babeh
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 21y 13d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Perth
Posted

The preload on the bearing is adjusted by fitting or removing shims from behind it

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...