IMLOCO Member 397 Member For: 14y 6m 17d Posted 16/03/12 09:42 AM Posted 16/03/12 09:42 AM Hey guys !! Just made my account so bare with me hahah I've just rescenly bought myself a bf xr6 turbo sedan and was wondering what mods il have to do to get myself around 500 hp the bloke I got it off said its a very very safe tune I think it's about 330 kw or something from memory ... Got the dyno papers in the car ... Mercury motorsport tuned it ! The mods are : bigger fuel pump, injectors, valve springs, stage 3 intercooler set up, xforce 4 inch dump into 3 inch with a hi flow cat - pretty quiet until I come on boost and it sounds like a jet hahah it's also got a tuned zf 6 speed gearbox and is running 14psi boost through her !! It's fairly stock looking on the outside just been lowered an inch or two not too sure .. I'm just curious to what can be done to these things to gain that extra 50 or so hp was thinkin of winding the boost up to 18 and changing the fuelCut to ignition cut .. Let me kno your opinions guys all info is welcome !! Thanks for reading
Henz Tampon inserted, Auto Acquired, next purchase a new handbag Legacy Donating Member 9,946 Member For: 18y 6m 13d Gender: Male Location: Vic Posted 16/03/12 09:45 AM Posted 16/03/12 09:45 AM Post some photos of the bay so we can see what's done. Sounds like a ported turbo, valve springs and a surge tank will get it to 400rwkw.
riptide Member 733 Member For: 15y 8m 15d Gender: Male Location: Auckland, New Zealand Posted 16/03/12 09:53 AM Posted 16/03/12 09:53 AM (edited) has valve springs...Exhaust is 3". Will that be big enough?How many K's on it?Has the turbo line been checked for blockage and the filter replaced or removed?Wouldn't like to see you lose the turbo and put shrapnel in the engine for no good reason Edited 16/03/12 10:00 AM by riptide
IMLOCO Member 397 Member For: 14y 6m 17d Posted 16/03/12 09:59 AM Author Posted 16/03/12 09:59 AM I will as soon as I can mate on my iPhone ATM thanks
IMLOCO Member 397 Member For: 14y 6m 17d Posted 16/03/12 10:01 AM Author Posted 16/03/12 10:01 AM Yeah mate just put in a new oli feed line .. That was the first thing I've done haha it has 102xxx on her !!
f6mark Member 2,909 Member For: 15y 7m 19d Gender: Male Posted 16/03/12 11:19 AM Posted 16/03/12 11:19 AM nice.. mate u should be making 500rwhp with those mod's..
IMLOCO Member 397 Member For: 14y 6m 17d Posted 16/03/12 11:21 AM Author Posted 16/03/12 11:21 AM Yeah mate that's what I thought haha I'mKeen to wind the boost up to 18 and get that rev limiter sorted and see where it lands me
f6mark Member 2,909 Member For: 15y 7m 19d Gender: Male Posted 16/03/12 11:26 AM Posted 16/03/12 11:26 AM yeah mate. I dont think u will need 18psi mate.. I think 16psi will get u 500rwhp easy.
IMLOCO Member 397 Member For: 14y 6m 17d Posted 16/03/12 11:50 AM Author Posted 16/03/12 11:50 AM You beauty !! That's my main aim for the time being .. Later on external gate and screamer and plenum
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now