New Members Thread

How did you hear about FordXR6Turbo.Com  

1,858 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

web search while researching the namesake of our FAB forum :D

Me too.

l was astounded when l found such a great web site existed for a car that had only been released a few weeks before and where there want even a participant who owned an XR6T.

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

First posts must involve a pic of a burnout, forum rules I'm afraid.   When you've been around for a while you even end up with pics of people taking pics of burnouts    

Way to build a relationship with a Potential new customer MT.

You sir, have very neat handwriting.

Posted Images

Hi,

Been lurking on the site for a while and have finally decided to start posting. It is by far the best source of info I have found on the XR6T.

At the moment I drive a 1992 KH laser with paint chipping of the doors... :blink:

I have been promising myself a new car for about 12 months now and was waiting for teh new Frod and VY Late model camira to come out for a comparison. As soon as they were released it was obvious that the new BA XR6T was the pick.

I was considering the VY S, SV8 or SS but the S still had the old 3.8lt V6, the SV8 looked crap and the SS started at $50K+.

Once I saw the BA XR6T I was sold. Anyway, I would have placed an oreder for my new car as early as Nov 02 but I unfortunately got moved interstate with work. As the wife had to quit her job and we wnet to a single income for a while the new "toy" had to go on hold... :(

Anyway, now she is gainfully employed again I can spend her hard earned money to buy myself the XR6T!!

FYI my curent list of perfered specs are: Blue, premium audio, XR mats and scuff plates, side air-bags, and leather interior.

I'm not too impressed by the time some people have to wait from order to delivery.. 3-4 months sounds quite excessive. And I still wont be in a position to order a new car until about another month!.

Looiking forward to learning more.

Regards,

Ish

Hi,

Been lurking on the site for a while and have finally decided to start posting. It is by far the best source of info I have found on the XR6T.

:blink:

So, no more lurking eh :ph34r: ?

Saw leather interior for the first time at the Sydney dyno day on the weekend - you will not be disappointed. What 'blue' are you getting: blueprint or narooma blue?

It may be a long wait, but you will forget all that as soon as you get in and turn the key :blink:

Thanks for the welcome Aniken...

The blue I ment was "Narooma Blue"..

I have not seen the leather in an XR yet, but after seeing in a Fairmont and hearing peoples comments about it I think it would be well worth the price.

Cheers,

Ish

I FOUND THIS SITE AFTER VIGIOUROUSLY THROWING MYSELF THRU WEB PAGES AS I BELIEVED THERE HAD TO BE SOMEONE OUT THERE WITH A

DEDICATED SITE TO SUCH A HOT CAR.

I JUST ORDERED A MERCURY SILVER TURBO MODEL, & THE EXPECTED ARRIVAL IN LATE MAY, SEEMS JUST TOO FAR AWAY...!!

Just did a search on Google for "Ford XR6 Turbo" and clicked the link for this site. All I gotta do now is get myself enough cash to buy a Blueprint XR6T with leather, big brakes & wheels etc. By the way, I have to say this is a very nice looking site guys and the photo section is great. It's what made me join up.

Cheers :thumbsup:

Ford forums... Only wish I'd known about this site BEFORE I bought my XR6T!... No way would I have purchased from the "northern Melb dealer", as I did!.... After chatting to Chris & informing him , that I was also after a ute ( at that stage, XR8)..He directed me to Westpoint & Wally... Who, BTW, talked me into a Pursuit ( didn't take much convincing!), and the rest is history!... Even though Pursuit is STILL coming, I have been extremely impressed with Westpoint... Thanks Chris, And also to all the XR6 Turbo.com members!!.. BTW, This site should have a warning regarding it's "addictive nature"!!!!

THIS Site is the best in the world it details the best car!

I heard about this through a moderator (Cro) we are both Croatian and have great taste in cars and he directed me to this site and I fell in love instantly with the site!

Thanks

Paul

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Another Google searcher here.

:idea: I've found the perfect incentive for me to finish my Masters Degree. B) Pity it'll be at the end of 2004 :(

On the wishlist is Narooma Blue or Blueprint, sunroof, scuff plates, floor mats, tow bar (for the boat) and premium sound.

Oh well, back to it. :thumbsup:

A friend of mine (harasn) put me on to this site, & I've been hooked ever since. Have got a venom XR6T on order - late May if all goes well should have it.

Great site guy's.

Curious to know.

We have over 530 members now and it would be good to hear how you all found out about this site  :nod:

Internet Search. I can't stop telling my mates about it how good it is!!!

My Silhouette XR6T is on it ways soon, cannot wait! :D

by a sticker on the back of a blueprint xr6 turbo at the fpv day parked out the front of the engine plant between 10 and 12 o clock

At a guess that would have been mine....was it's rego SLOJAM?

Hello everyone,

How I found fordxr6turbo.com

I work at Ford and while servicing a red XR6 Turbo I noticed it had the website blurted on the rear window.

As soon as I got home I looked it up, and have been surprised at the quality of the site construction, it's tops. Everythings neat and tidy.

HAPPY EASTER AND SAFE MOTORING :blink:

Hello everyone,

How I found fordxr6turbo.com

I work at Ford and while servicing a red XR6 Turbo i noticed it had the website blurted on the rear window.

As soon as i got home i looked it up, and have been surprised at the quality of the site construction, it's tops. Everythings neat and tidy.

HAPPY EASTER AND SAFE MOTORING :blink:

Happy Easter to you too mate.. and welcome aboard :blink:

I have 3 friends who have just got themselves BA XR's...so I had heard about the site and came here for a bit of a lurk every now and then ;)

Finally joined up cos I went to the recent Canberra cruise and thought I'd throw my 2c in about what a great day it was and put up my pics from the day for everyone to see! :D

• Rab featured this topic
  • Rab unfeatured this topic