Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Turboless
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 15y 7m 5d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Geelong, Victoria
Posted

Alright last night I've gone to install 55w h4s n no luck. Idk if the 55w are all still the bigger ballast but it also has a bigger cover to insert into the headlight, that goes around the globe. Instructions say to cut with a 21mm hole saw. No chance I'm doing that..

Also its a full loom lol so it goes from battery to drivers side then to passenger side globe. So ud have to wire it away from the radiator etc. Fked if I was doing that..

Cut a long story short just rang alex (z-labs eBay guy) n told him the story..he's happy to do an exchange n I'll just be sticking with 35w. Both Dre and tra1nr didn't know what I was on about when I asked if they had the same kind of setup..so I'll stick with the 35w that I know will fit..

Will head over weekend after I get licence back then go see henz's brothers fight after lol :spoton:

Mika, u didn't have to drill anything when u installed in the b series?

  • Skid Machine
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 15y 4m 8d
  • Gender: Male
Posted

I run the 55W in my BA. The cable to the passenger side, I just ran it in that channel above the radiator.

I didn't have to cut a 21mm hole in mine to fit them either. I can't remember exactly but I know I cut a little slot somewhere on the side (maybe 5mm) for the loom to hang out. Did the same in the Mrs Fiesta.

  • Turboless
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 15y 7m 5d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Geelong, Victoria
Posted

ah k. well im not keen on the 21mm hole for starters lol. n big ballast..is big. cigarette pack size :o

hmm well ill see what other 55w ones he has and if the bulb surrounds (and ballast) are smaller ill give that a go..if he has no other smaller ones ill just go 35w.

where did u cut the 5mm slot mate? in the rubber boot or the actual headlight next to where the globe goes in?

  • Skid Machine
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 15y 4m 8d
  • Gender: Male
Posted

The ballast's I have are the thin plastic ones. Between 5-10mm thick and weigh bugger all.

I'm pretty sure the slot was in the head light. I can't remember exactly but the way the globe sat in the headlight, if I didn't cut a little slot then I wouldn't be able to put the covers back on and the head light would be open at the back.

I just bought mine off ebay for $50 and haven't had any problems.

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 20y 1m 11d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Melbourne, VIC
Posted

Alright last night I've gone to install 55w h4s n no luck. Idk if the 55w are all still the bigger ballast but it also has a bigger cover to insert into the headlight, that goes around the globe. Instructions say to cut with a 21mm hole saw. No chance I'm doing that..

Also its a full loom lol so it goes from battery to drivers side then to passenger side globe. So ud have to wire it away from the radiator etc. Fked if I was doing that..

Cut a long story short just rang alex (z-labs eBay guy) n told him the story..he's happy to do an exchange n I'll just be sticking with 35w. Both Dre and tra1nr didn't know what I was on about when I asked if they had the same kind of setup..so I'll stick with the 35w that I know will fit..

Will head over weekend after I get licence back then go see henz's brothers fight after lol :spoton:

Mika, u didn't have to drill anything when u installed in the b series?

Nah I didn't have to cut a thing, took me 10 mins all up to install.. Those 55w ones sound like a pita...

My diamond vision globes arrived and I fitted them this morning, will get some pics when it gets dark..

  • Like 1
  • Turboless
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 15y 7m 5d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Geelong, Victoria
Posted

alright thanks mate ill see how I go when I change them over anyway and go from there..

good stuff mika, no more yellow lights lol

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 20y 1m 11d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Melbourne, VIC
Posted

Yeah man, its a good feeling hahaha..

Also bought those LED parkers (2 pack), but lost one of them cause where they plug into the socket it was too loose, and trying to get them in with an intercooler pipe that goes under the headlight right in the way and wouldn't budge, the bastard popped off into the headlight.. So I'm going to order the 10 pack this time and finish it off, also do the numberplate lights, and some interior lights if they fit too..

  • Like 1
  • Turboless
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 15y 7m 5d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Geelong, Victoria
Posted

yeh theyll fit the two lights up front on the rood. rears use a bayonet connection and middle of the car is a long type that's pushed into the holder on each end..mines some 24 or so LED board that's connected by wires to a holder like the original lol..farkin bright :spoton: connect it up then cable the board to the connection!

  • FREAKY
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 16y 9m 7d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Melbourne
Posted (edited)

renamed HID/SHY/MIKA Lights thread

hahahaha

Edited by Ford Freak
  • Like 2
  • Turboless
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 15y 7m 5d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Geelong, Victoria
Posted

here here!

  • Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...