MiKa Legacy Donating Member 4,243 Member For: 20y 1m 20d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne, VIC Posted 05/02/12 12:54 AM Posted 05/02/12 12:54 AM (edited) Really Dre? sh*t than I'm getting em.... do the globes last longer than normal ones? Im using Phillips blue vision (well phillips something) atm..Which ones do you have Dre? What brightness? Link? Edited 05/02/12 12:56 AM by MiKa
dre Resident idiot. Legacy Donating Member 2,068 Member For: 16y 21d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 05/02/12 12:56 AM Posted 05/02/12 12:56 AM (edited) Which ones do you have Dre? What brightness?The measurement is colour temp not brightness. The more blue you go the more useless the light output. I've got a 6000k kit. Pick up from thomastown if you want a set.Don't know if you got a look on Friday but I think they are great. Have to aim the lights down pretty far though but still better than normal blue gloves for about the same money. Edited 05/02/12 12:59 AM by dre
MiKa Legacy Donating Member 4,243 Member For: 20y 1m 20d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne, VIC Posted 05/02/12 01:05 AM Posted 05/02/12 01:05 AM Nah mate didn't get a good look on the night.. Did that BF F6, Keith I think his name is have HID's? I saw him turn his lights on and they kinda 'popped' on, then slowly got brighter? They looked pretty cool...Yeah fark thomastown, ill get him to post them..Cheers..
Shyfrd Turboless Legacy Donating Member 5,992 Member For: 15y 7m 14d Gender: Male Location: Geelong, Victoria Posted 05/02/12 03:18 AM Posted 05/02/12 03:18 AM (edited) these are what dre's lights look like, I really like the look of them.http://www.flickr.co...35703/lightbox/where or how did u put the ballast on dre? I see it has a bracket u install where does that get put away? photo would be nice if you could get one lol Edited 05/02/12 03:25 AM by Shyfrd
bossmang FREAKY Legacy Donating Member 12,441 Member For: 16y 9m 16d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 05/02/12 09:30 AM Posted 05/02/12 09:30 AM (edited) iv had HIDs in one of my past cars, as I was fed up with phillips globes blowing every 6 months. bought hids and never blew once, still got them in another car 3-4 years later still going strong. but yes can get away having them, but point headlights down. Edited 05/02/12 09:31 AM by Ford Freak 1
Shyfrd Turboless Legacy Donating Member 5,992 Member For: 15y 7m 14d Gender: Male Location: Geelong, Victoria Posted 05/02/12 12:03 PM Posted 05/02/12 12:03 PM (edited) so I see while searching ebay for hid kits, there is AC and DC power outputs, whats required to work with our cars?looks like its fair bit cheaper to buy in person going off what dre paid for both fog and low beam kits..just read this on another listing.."Due to increased competition many manufacturers are offering DC ballasts as well as AC, to cut costs. DC types produce less light and reduce the HID bulb life! our kits use AC ballasts and as a result our bulbs last over 4000 hours."anyone fitted any AC kits? Edited 05/02/12 12:13 PM by Shyfrd
Paulie2256 Legacy Donating Member 7,441 Member For: 17y 10m 19d Gender: Male Location: SE Melbourne Posted 05/02/12 12:12 PM Posted 05/02/12 12:12 PM (edited) Pretty sure dc refers to input voltage and ac is the current of the output of ballasts. Edited 05/02/12 12:13 PM by Paulie2256
dre Resident idiot. Legacy Donating Member 2,068 Member For: 16y 21d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 05/02/12 05:27 PM Posted 05/02/12 05:27 PM The ballasts in mine are about the size of a matchbox car. I bought some Velcro tape and just stuck them close by. Gives about 30cm worth of cable. Didn't use the bracket I just cable tied for extra safety.For anyone who wants the kit the same as mine:eBay seller z-labsAlex 0407 466 33338 French StreetThomastown[email protected]I just went there- operates out of garage at the back of the house.
rbjet Skid Machine Legacy Donating Member 1,640 Member For: 15y 4m 17d Gender: Male Posted 05/02/12 10:10 PM Posted 05/02/12 10:10 PM I meant to say illegal sorry. By the looks off it I'd go with the ones dre suggested. Great value for money there. Easy as to fit. I did the same thing and just cable tied them down. Also for BA's you can get the hi-lo ones that also do your high beam.
TRA1NR Pitlane Member Legacy Donating Member 2,886 Member For: 19y 5m 10d Gender: Male Location: Pakenham, Victoria Posted 05/02/12 10:29 PM Posted 05/02/12 10:29 PM for the FG's the H4's are hi/lo as well rbjet, and then H7's are hi beam, and H11's are foglights. I have emailed and texted alex and have not had a response yet.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now