Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 20y 1m 14d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Melbourne, VIC
Posted

HAHA yeah I know..

Wish this guy would get back to me, I'm keen to get these HID's..

Don't forget pics and a write-up.

Been toying with the idea for a while but not convinced on setup yet; whether to get hi/low or just low and dodgy the wiring so that low stays on with hi....if sense that makes much :upsidedown:

This is what I don't understand. So you can get HID's to replace the normal driving lights (low) or get both driving and high beams (low and hi)? Is it still the same to install?

  • Skid Machine
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 15y 4m 11d
  • Gender: Male
Posted

Well on BA's you have your separate high and low beam globes but some cars have one globe that does both so they have a little thing that flicks them up and down. However, you can put the hi-lo switching globes into your low beams so when you flick your high beams on you have two pairs.

  • Pitlane Member
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 19y 5m 4d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Pakenham, Victoria
Posted

hi mike, the install is all the same. they each have their own ballast, which the oem cable plugs into, then a cable runs from that to the globe. each individual globe has its own ballast. as with the standard lights you can get single or dual fillaments, so they can run as independant lights or switch between a high and low beam in the one globe. The standard headlights (on the fg) have both.

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 20y 1m 14d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Melbourne, VIC
Posted

Thanks boys that clears it up..

Think I might just go with the low beams for now and see how they go.. Don't do much 'bush' driving to warrant the high beams, and judging by the pics the HID's would sh*t over my current set up anyway..

Daniel, what temp are you going to get? Think ill go with the 6000K like Dre's, looks wicked in the photo Shy put up..

  • Pitlane Member
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 19y 5m 4d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Pakenham, Victoria
Posted

Yeah I was planning on 6000K for everything, they seem about just the right temp.

  • Resident idiot.
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 16y 15d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Melbourne
Posted

Don't wait for a reply from Alex. Just go there choose your colour and go. So simple.

If its easier I can probably go there and get a few sets but not sure what colour people want.

  • Pitlane Member
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 19y 5m 4d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Pakenham, Victoria
Posted

if your keen to do that dre I will have H4 hi/lo's, H7's, and H11's all in 6000K! let me know and I can come and pick them up from you!

  • Skid Machine
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 15y 4m 11d
  • Gender: Male
Posted

I've got 6000K which are the best for lighting. They are just plain white. Any higher (8000-10000K) is where you start to get a blueish colour. They might look cook but they don't put out as much light. Wait till you see how all the sign's and marker's on the road glow as you drive around. Looks awesome.

  • Like 1
  • Resident idiot.
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 16y 15d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Melbourne
Posted (edited)

I've got 6000K which are the best for lighting. They are just plain white. Any higher (8000-10000K) is where you start to get a blueish colour. They might look cook but they don't put out as much light. Wait till you see how all the sign's and marker's on the road glow as you drive around. Looks awesome.

Sort of agree here.

4200 is pure white (best light)

5000/6000 most common.

My lights look more blue in photos than they actually are.

I wouldn't want to go any bluer- 8000 would be great to look at but useless.

I had 12000 in my fogs on my Mazda and they were purple! So nice to look at but didn't light up more than 2 metres on the road.

Edited by dre
  • Skid Machine
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 15y 4m 11d
  • Gender: Male
Posted

Doesn't 4200 have a yellowish tinge to it Dre? Never used them before so I'm not sure.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...