astroinc New Member 23 Member For: 22y 7m 1d Posted 24/01/12 05:10 AM Posted 24/01/12 05:10 AM I apologise if this has been answered elsewhere, I cant seem to find anything.Can you replace the stock 245/40/18's with 235/40/18's. I was looking at the KU31's and its a difference of $75 per corner?Is there a different size that's more compatable with the stock 245/40/18?Any advice would be greatly appreciated.Cheers
arronm Dropping a turd Legacy Donating Member 9,520 Member For: 18y 11m 10d Gender: Male Location: Perth Posted 24/01/12 06:20 AM Posted 24/01/12 06:20 AM what is the load rating of the 235
ms700 Moderating Team 10,170 Member For: 23y 8m 6d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 24/01/12 10:01 AM Posted 24/01/12 10:01 AM If you go from 245/40 to 235/40 the rolling diameter will change, so your speedo will be further out, and revs will change on the highway.And I think not for better......
tekaani Legacy Donating Member 163 Member For: 17y 3m 18d Posted 24/01/12 10:28 AM Posted 24/01/12 10:28 AM 235 is the width. still the same diameter
Never had any say Panda I <3 Floods Legacy Donating Member 11,198 Member For: 15y 2m 6d Gender: Male Location: South West QLD Posted 24/01/12 10:43 AM Posted 24/01/12 10:43 AM Because the width changes the sidewalls will be angled which changes the rolling diameter.. Calculators all over the net for it to tell you how bad.
astroinc New Member 23 Member For: 22y 7m 1d Posted 24/01/12 11:54 AM Author Posted 24/01/12 11:54 AM The stock load is 93Y and the rating of the KU31 is 95. I am guessing if the replacement tyre load is the same or higher then it should be ok.I have heard there is a rolling diameter tolerance of 15%, is that correct?I am really curious if there is anyone who has substituted the 235's.
sexual harrassment panda I see a red door and I want to paint it black Legacy Donating Member 5,919 Member For: 16y 11m 11d Gender: Male Location: Far north queensland Posted 24/01/12 12:00 PM Posted 24/01/12 12:00 PM go for it mate, saving $300 bucks.is your car tuned?
astroinc New Member 23 Member For: 22y 7m 1d Posted 24/01/12 12:09 PM Author Posted 24/01/12 12:09 PM It looks like the 235's will add 1% or 101km/h. I just need to see if its legal.Yeah just a mild 290rwkw tune.
sexual harrassment panda I see a red door and I want to paint it black Legacy Donating Member 5,919 Member For: 16y 11m 11d Gender: Male Location: Far north queensland Posted 24/01/12 12:23 PM Posted 24/01/12 12:23 PM you can get the tyre size changed in the computer in a few minutes, get your tuner to do it for you. Speedo will probably be more accurate if you don't though, they are all out on the + side from factory
Worm A much better forum Legacy Donating Member 3,808 Member For: 18y 2m 14d Gender: Male Location: Victoria Posted 24/01/12 01:37 PM Posted 24/01/12 01:37 PM 235's will make the diameter smaller and hence you will be doing prob 94km/h when your speedo shows 100...
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now