arronm Dropping a turd Legacy Donating Member 9,520 Member For: 18y 11m 6d Gender: Male Location: Perth Posted 14/01/12 03:29 PM Posted 14/01/12 03:29 PM Thanks for the replies I'm am Now sold to buy a yellow top d51r what price are we talking??D51R is a slim battery. If its going in the STD battery location you should fit the largest one you can. I think you need a D75, but best to call the supplier.
Ralph Wiggum Moar Powar Babeh Legacy Donating Member 19,334 Member For: 21y 10d Gender: Male Location: Perth Posted 14/01/12 11:23 PM Posted 14/01/12 11:23 PM You guys need to use this when you arnt driving your car. Keeps it charger and ready to go , set and forget.http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/PROJECTA-CHARGE-N-MAINTAIN-BATTERY-CHARGER-MARINE-CAR-TRICKLE-AC250B-/280795996729?pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item4160bee239Arron, I have a c-tek trickle/maintenance charger that I boughg too maintain the goood,awful pc925 thar niapoo supply.My point was that even optima will go flat without a trickle charger but at least they recover,unlike the stock battery or pc925's
FPV6T UNDERCOAT CRUISER!!! Legacy Donating Member 1,655 Member For: 17y 8m 16d Gender: Male Location: brisbane Posted 15/01/12 01:22 AM Posted 15/01/12 01:22 AM You guys need to use this when you arnt driving your car. Keeps it charger and ready to go , set and forget.http://www.ebay.com....=item4160bee239Arronm,do you leave the battery connected in the car and use this to charge it,or remove the battery from the car and charge??
arronm Dropping a turd Legacy Donating Member 9,520 Member For: 18y 11m 6d Gender: Male Location: Perth Posted 15/01/12 01:49 AM Posted 15/01/12 01:49 AM The battery stays in the car. The kit comes with a connector you put on the battery. Then you just plug the charger in and its fully automatic.
arronm Dropping a turd Legacy Donating Member 9,520 Member For: 18y 11m 6d Gender: Male Location: Perth Posted 15/01/12 01:51 AM Posted 15/01/12 01:51 AM Arron, I have a c-tek trickle/maintenance charger that I boughg too maintain the goood,awful pc925 thar niapoo supply.My point was that even optima will go flat without a trickle charger but at least they recover,unlike the stock battery or pc925'sSorry Luke I remember that now. We are running fullriver yellow batteries, but if they die, I will have to talk to you about the D51r mod.
1600dave Legacy Donating Member 872 Member For: 15y 8m 23d Posted 15/01/12 02:03 AM Posted 15/01/12 02:03 AM I too run a fullriver, copy of the pc925. Heaps cheaper!the main thing with these batteries is to not let them run flat. Have had optima and odyssey both stuffed after being left over time & still connected to the car and not on a charger.I use a smart charger from jaycar, cant remember the exact model.
Ralph Wiggum Moar Powar Babeh Legacy Donating Member 19,334 Member For: 21y 10d Gender: Male Location: Perth Posted 15/01/12 03:04 AM Posted 15/01/12 03:04 AM Sorry Luke I remember that now. We are running fullriver yellow batteries, but if they die, I will have to talk to you about the D51r mod.Bit of faffing around too get it too fit but worth it. Havent had too use the ctek since ive had the optima but I do drive the car at least a couple of times a week.
FPV6T UNDERCOAT CRUISER!!! Legacy Donating Member 1,655 Member For: 17y 8m 16d Gender: Male Location: brisbane Posted 15/01/12 06:52 AM Posted 15/01/12 06:52 AM The battery stays in the car. The kit comes with a connector you put on the battery. Then you just plug the charger in and its fully automatic..ok,cool,thanks mate.
SuckSqueezeBangBlow ʎǝʞuoɯ ɹoıuǝs Legacy Donating Member 1,808 Member For: 17y 9m 17d Gender: Male Posted 15/01/12 08:58 AM Posted 15/01/12 08:58 AM Interesting in the ke20 I ran a small pc680 odyssey and it was great, went flat heaps of times oncluding sitting dead for a year and always bounced back. I now have the pc925 but havent let it go flat yet, didnt know they were sh*t now
Bomber Carnage on the Garage Floor Legacy Donating Member 3,994 Member For: 16y 4m 22d Gender: Male Location: Gold Coast Posted 09/04/12 12:00 AM Posted 09/04/12 12:00 AM Bit of faffing around too get it too fit but worth it. Havent had too use the ctek since ive had the optima but I do drive the car at least a couple of times a week.got the ctek XS7000 - brilliant. Saw them using them last year a Bathurst. They have a 'recon' mode so I hook it up every couple of months.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now