Power Jet Member 151 Member For: 18y 4m 22d Gender: Male Posted 03/01/12 06:43 AM Posted 03/01/12 06:43 AM Hey Guys,Before I curse and break stuff I would like to explain my issue.Over the past month I have had my coolant running low where I have had to top it up every 2 days or so. Got a pressure test done on the system and it ended up being the reservoir cap seal gone. Replaced.Went for a drive a couple of days later and the car was running rough! Changed the plugs, coils & injectors. Still rough. Worked out that cylinder 1 was not firing properly argh. Ended up blowing up the turbo :S $900 later for a 10k old turbo. Took the car out to my tuner for fear of blown head gasket! Rang him today and was told the head gasket was fine, there didn't seem to be cracks in cylinder 1 or the block at all.Please help what would be causing this? I dun get it PLEASE HELP
ratter Member 6,793 Member For: 20y 4m 7d Gender: Male Location: @ my laptop Posted 03/01/12 06:48 AM Posted 03/01/12 06:48 AM have you done a compression test?
Power Jet Member 151 Member For: 18y 4m 22d Gender: Male Posted 03/01/12 07:46 AM Author Posted 03/01/12 07:46 AM I'm not sure,All I know is the engine is out of the car and apart and everything looks good? Dunno if that helps
MX Dave Legacy Donating Member 545 Member For: 15y 5m 29d Gender: Male Posted 03/01/12 07:50 AM Posted 03/01/12 07:50 AM Compression and leakdown test should help find the problem as ratter mentioned
Power Jet Member 151 Member For: 18y 4m 22d Gender: Male Posted 03/01/12 08:00 AM Author Posted 03/01/12 08:00 AM hey,kinda not gonna help at the moment with the engine out and apart. any other suggestions
Adam Here since the start... Legacy Donating Member 10,282 Member For: 23y 5m 8d Gender: Male Location: Victoria Posted 03/01/12 08:09 AM Posted 03/01/12 08:09 AM Pulling the engine out and a part is a bit premature isn't it?
ScatterBrain Legacy Donating Member 316 Member For: 17y 4m 2d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 03/01/12 08:19 AM Posted 03/01/12 08:19 AM Maybe the head has a crack in it? What did the No.1 plug look like?
Power Jet Member 151 Member For: 18y 4m 22d Gender: Male Posted 03/01/12 08:37 AM Author Posted 03/01/12 08:37 AM plugs were all good. Only reason it was pulled apart was because I was sure it was a head gasket..... cries... lol help
1600dave Legacy Donating Member 872 Member For: 15y 8m 24d Posted 03/01/12 08:57 AM Posted 03/01/12 08:57 AM Who's the mechanic? I'd be a bit concerned if they cant tell, they have the engine apart in front of them!All we can do is guess based on what you tell us!
Power Jet Member 151 Member For: 18y 4m 22d Gender: Male Posted 03/01/12 09:27 AM Author Posted 03/01/12 09:27 AM don't get me wrong I appreciate your help. I told him and assumed a head gasket due to milkshake oil. after pulling the head off it was fine. He couldn't find what the problem was. He seemed to think maybe a cracked head or warped head but seriously? The car was low on water at some point due to a leaky cap. ended up frying the turbo and was missing/backfire before hand :S. Now this? I am trying to get some ideas so I can help diagnose the problem when I see him tomorrow
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now