Wenier Legacy Donating Member 1,736 Member For: 16y 8m 18d Gender: Male Location: Christchurch, New Zealand Posted 13/02/12 05:51 AM Posted 13/02/12 05:51 AM (edited) Bad luck mate, its a bugger when everything compounds at once. I remember a thread on here somewhere with pics of an aftermarket setup (with fan) behind a fog light I think most likely lh side.Yes it does take longer for the gearbox to get up to temp and perform properly but not having the factory setup is definitely the way to go.EDIT: Found this thread, not the exact one I was thinking of but should get you started. http://www.fordxr6turbo.com/forum/topic/61088-trans-cooler-install/ Edited 13/02/12 05:55 AM by Wenier
Slymeat Team Kickass Legacy Donating Member 1,926 Member For: 22y 8m 8d Gender: Male Location: Albion Park, NSW Posted 14/02/12 10:31 PM Posted 14/02/12 10:31 PM Now I'm too scared to drive my car.
xpl0sive Member 421 Member For: 17y 8m 15d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 15/02/12 02:14 AM Author Posted 15/02/12 02:14 AM If you got warranty mate you're all good, but if your car is out of warranty, then you have 3 options:1. Change the coolant and heat exchanger frequently2. look into an aftermarket cooling solution...my trans shop is looking into a kit for me so if there is one available that works with no dramas I'll be sure to let people know3. sell the thing and buy a manual XRIf I can't get an aftermarket cooling setup on my car I'll be selling up and getting a manual once it's back on the road. I'll be losing a lot of money by doing so, but if there is no option to ditch this heat exchanger then I don't want to own the car as I can't afford to have this problem again.
1600dave Legacy Donating Member 872 Member For: 15y 8m 26d Posted 15/02/12 02:54 AM Posted 15/02/12 02:54 AM Read the other thread on heat exchangers, dude on ebay sells a kit, he said to me despite all the internet/forum talk of people having problems due to line pressures etc, nobody has reported them to him.Apparently PWR are looking into something too.Oh and that guy on here made his own hose adapter (riptide?) Sorry can't link I'm on my phone
Dillz Three pedals are better then two.. Legacy Donating Member 15,637 Member For: 19y 4m 10d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 15/02/12 03:48 AM Posted 15/02/12 03:48 AM So the guy trying to flog you his product said there's nothing wrong with it? Geez that's a relief..But seriously paying a bit extra for braided lines would be a good idea IMO.
1600dave Legacy Donating Member 872 Member For: 15y 8m 26d Posted 15/02/12 05:14 AM Posted 15/02/12 05:14 AM So the guy trying to flog you his product said there's nothing wrong with it? Geez that's a relief..But seriously paying a bit extra for braided lines would be a good idea IMO.You keep saying they don't work, but who do you know that's had these problems which requires stainless lines? I haven't seen much info other than you saying it'll cause problems.
bionicxr6t05 Legacy Donating Member 2,216 Member For: 15y 2m 9d Gender: Male Posted 15/02/12 07:16 AM Posted 15/02/12 07:16 AM not sure if this has been mentioned on this forum before but its a handy piece of trivia... the flaring is caused by the torque converter clutch locking and unlocking due to fluid contamination... I know of an external cooler kit that has been developed using a pwr core speedflow fittings and braided lines... hasnt been released yet but when the kit is available il let everyone know how to get it
xpl0sive Member 421 Member For: 17y 8m 15d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 15/02/12 08:19 AM Author Posted 15/02/12 08:19 AM looks good mate...any idea on price?
Dillz Three pedals are better then two.. Legacy Donating Member 15,637 Member For: 19y 4m 10d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 15/02/12 08:24 AM Posted 15/02/12 08:24 AM You keep saying they don't work, but who do you know that's had these problems which requires stainless lines? I haven't seen much info other than you saying it'll cause problems.People complaining on forums, BMW ones big for it I think. Just do some research.
bionicxr6t05 Legacy Donating Member 2,216 Member For: 15y 2m 9d Gender: Male Posted 15/02/12 08:36 AM Posted 15/02/12 08:36 AM no price yet cant imagine it being cheap though
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now