1600dave Legacy Donating Member 872 Member For: 15y 8m 19d Posted 15/02/12 10:00 AM Posted 15/02/12 10:00 AM no price yet cant imagine it being cheap thoughAny idea when? How many test cars is it fitted on?Might be worth speaking to these guys in regards to cheaper parts and a possible cooler fix, they sell pretty much everything for them (including new transmissions)http://www.thectsc.com/index.php?p=catalog&parent=8&pg=1
bionicxr6t05 Legacy Donating Member 2,216 Member For: 15y 2m 2d Gender: Male Posted 15/02/12 10:15 AM Posted 15/02/12 10:15 AM Fitted on a few one being 600kw plus this one is still being finished but it will be around the 500 mark I think I really cant speculate on price yet iv been tryin to g him up for ages as I want one for mine... Will sus it out asap
1600dave Legacy Donating Member 872 Member For: 15y 8m 19d Posted 15/03/12 05:08 AM Posted 15/03/12 05:08 AM Anymore updates on the new trans cooler kits?Mine seems to hunt rpm when cold, moreso the higher the gear I put it in, like 5th at 60km/h. it I go to 4th its less. Once warm, its gone.Not sure if its normal or the torque converters rooted?
RICFORD Member 84 Member For: 15y 8m 11d Gender: Male Location: sydney Posted 15/03/12 07:42 AM Posted 15/03/12 07:42 AM Mine does this too when cold. I've noticed it more since servicing the transmission with transmax z.
bionicxr6t05 Legacy Donating Member 2,216 Member For: 15y 2m 2d Gender: Male Posted 15/03/12 08:18 AM Posted 15/03/12 08:18 AM Not yet hey after I fit my new plazmaman gear il be getting one fitted so I guess that's te only way il get a solid price figure lol I keep tellin him theres soooooo much interest in these kits but hes flat out... Highly sought after
xpl0sive Member 421 Member For: 17y 8m 8d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 17/03/12 01:06 AM Author Posted 17/03/12 01:06 AM where was that cooler fitted mate? It's hard to tell from the pics. Just asking as my kit was fitted in front of my intercooler but higher up in the grille area. I didn't like it but the guy installing it said it doesn't fit anywhere else. I think he's full of sh!t though.
1600dave Legacy Donating Member 872 Member For: 15y 8m 19d Posted 17/03/12 04:40 AM Posted 17/03/12 04:40 AM Yeah I asked Rhys (furious_ where their instructions say to mount the core, he said the kit is designed for NA cars and to ask round on some forums to see what people have done.Currently I only have an F6 cooler, but will be fitting a nizpro cooler so want to make sure it won't be in the way when that goes on.
bionicxr6t05 Legacy Donating Member 2,216 Member For: 15y 2m 2d Gender: Male Posted 17/03/12 09:58 AM Posted 17/03/12 09:58 AM The kit pictured is fitted behind the front bar on the right hand side... I would think fitting a cooler behind the grill would be taking up premium intercooler real estate
broke Legacy Donating Member 229 Member For: 14y 11m 15d Gender: Male Posted 20/03/12 03:12 AM Posted 20/03/12 03:12 AM you guys are scaring me! mine doesnt rev hunt at all, the only thing I notice trans wise is the drop into 1st when im coming to a stop. even then it's not agressive, but it's enough that you can feel it. for peace of mind I did plan on doing a flush, ive been told in the older fg's ('08) that the F6 heat exchanger is much better than the one that comes with on the T? worth trying to source on of these to put in while im getting the flush?also is the steel pan a worthy upgrade? I rang the a trans specialist up north here and he basically told me the only reason it's better is that it wont crack/break if it's hit... I was under the impression it made future services much less costly.
1600dave Legacy Donating Member 872 Member For: 15y 8m 19d Posted 20/03/12 06:20 AM Posted 20/03/12 06:20 AM Futures services cost less as you only change the filter and gasket, not the whole pan.The F6 coolers are only better in the sense they're a bit thicker so have greater cooling capacity. Still the same sh*t design made in the same factory and just as prone to f*ck up. Best bet to get rid of the heat ex-changer idea altogether.There's plenty of info around on different fluids, heat ex-changer chat etc.There's a good sticky Dillz made up in the driveline section covering a few of the topics.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now