They Said It Couldn't Be Done!

Worm

• A much better forum
  • Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 9m 4d

Ok. To be honest... No one can guarantee anything!

If you run 20x10.5 you may need to run camber.. I'd you wanna be safe, run 20x10 +40 and 20x8.5 +35... These will definitely fit...

275/30/20 Tyres can come as wide as 300mm and skinny as 265mm... It's a huge difference. Depends on brands, who rolls your guards and how they do it.

20x10 +40 and 20x8.5 +35 are guaranteed to fit. Any 275/30/20 and 245/30/20 will fit on these and not scrub. Otherwise be prepared to play and pay...

• Dropping a turd
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 6m

BF Typhoon R-Spec..

So let me know if I have all this right,

20 x 9 +25 for the front would be the go, wheel and tyre would sit inside the gaurd and not hit the control arm? - best tyre would be 255/30/20?

and

20 x 10.5 +35 for the rear. Again I dont want the rim hitting the gaurd or anything on the inside of the rim. - best tyre would be 285/30/20?

Let me know if this is correct.

Cheers for your help.

Unless you run 19 or 20 x 9.5 with +45 with a 275 tyre. Anything wider on the rims and less offset and you will need to roll the guards.

• 9 months later...
  • Member For: 15y 7d

Get hub centric spacers, I had them on mine when I had my 22's they were 5mm and tight as, but no vibration at all... In fact the car drove nicer on the highway than it does now with factory 19's :(

where did you buy hubcentric spacers and how much did the cost you?

• I Lead Not Follow...
  • Member For: 12y 7d

do you need the hub centric spacers to run 22" wheels?

im looking at 22x8.5 fronts with +35 and for the rear 22x10.5 rear with +40 will these bastards fit my "2010 FGF6" ? Any takers lol..guard work a maybe or just rolled/lipped?

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 6m 8d

I think with the fronts you might have to do a bit of work to the plastic inside the wheel well (ie remove it lol). Might need some control arm modifcations, pretty sure mexican batman did a thread when he put 22's on and there was a bit of grinding involved.

As for 22x10.5 +40. If its a sedan, maybe if you use some spacers (5mm), have the car at basically stock height and roll and pump the sh*t out of the rear guards. On a ute, well I got no idea, JD's probably best to answer that lol