136Heat Member 40 Member For: 14y 10m Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 01/12/11 04:56 AM Posted 01/12/11 04:56 AM Hey all, my name is Igor and I've been reffered here by a member with a xr6t FG. I have a question, im 20 years old and love cars, I bought myself a 2005 BA falcon as a project to only teach myself how to work on a car, it cost me $500 and is completely driveable until I started taking it apart. I have minimal knowledge but hoping that changes with this project.Originally my plan was to strip down the engine and just put it back together to get an understanding, the car runs independantly on gas as its an ex-taxi...now im considering building the car into something more. I wanna replace the 700,000km engine with a xr6 turbo engine and transmission, replace all suspension bushes/springs, lsd diff...etc pretty much rebuilding the entire car...My question is what sort of price figure using wreckers and the like to source parts and doing it all myself...would it cost to get the car running safely with the xr6 turbo engine? (btw I know I can buy a xr6 turbo for about 11k but I wanted a project)Any advice, info, help would be greatly appreciated! And ive been on one cruise and your cars are tough!
XXXRTURBO Legacy Donating Member 1,168 Member For: 19y 1m 27d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 01/12/11 05:53 AM Posted 01/12/11 05:53 AM Ah there u are lol, I am sho the boys here will help u and let u no if its worth it or not. By the way this is my user name
136Heat Member 40 Member For: 14y 10m Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 01/12/11 05:59 AM Author Posted 01/12/11 05:59 AM Heyyyy matee. yehh you can help me too lol
Pazzo Legacy Donating Member 11,132 Member For: 15y 11m 9d Gender: Male Posted 01/12/11 06:04 AM Posted 01/12/11 06:04 AM If you get a engine make sure it's a BF Mk2 and build date 06/06 onwards as you have the Phoon bottom end or just get a FG motor. On ebay you can pick up motors from about $4000 up. Oh yeah stay away from members Stainless and Henz.
XXXRTURBO Legacy Donating Member 1,168 Member For: 19y 1m 27d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 01/12/11 06:06 AM Posted 01/12/11 06:06 AM yeah but the more experianced people are the ones u wanna listen to or the ones that have done it before lol
XXXRTURBO Legacy Donating Member 1,168 Member For: 19y 1m 27d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 01/12/11 06:08 AM Posted 01/12/11 06:08 AM lol pazzo has warned u, unless u like people that like boys only aka homoz
Pazzo Legacy Donating Member 11,132 Member For: 15y 11m 9d Gender: Male Posted 01/12/11 06:11 AM Posted 01/12/11 06:11 AM Most important take you time and don't rush, for most things go to Ferntree gully auto salvage as they have most things you need and prices are not that bad.
Bonjaz Legacy Donating Member 1,841 Member For: 17y 9m 23d Gender: Male Location: CQ Posted 01/12/11 06:14 AM Posted 01/12/11 06:14 AM if you want a project and are going to all this trouble to replace almost everything in the car have you ever concidered doing it to an older lighter car??? their are a few blokes sticking them in xf,xe ect...
136Heat Member 40 Member For: 14y 10m Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 01/12/11 06:23 AM Author Posted 01/12/11 06:23 AM I was gonna start with a engine only but found this fot $500 and thought why nothow would I go about converting back to petrol
136Heat Member 40 Member For: 14y 10m Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 02/12/11 10:20 PM Author Posted 02/12/11 10:20 PM ...thinkin of buying a written off xr6 turbo to use as a donor
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now