Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 16y 11d
Posted

The V8 box and snork is maxed out at 350rwkw. This was proven on f6mark's car by two tune shops - separate dynos.

It doesn't matter if you drill out or letter box mod the box as the panel filter - including K&N - does not flow enough air. Bottom line, you can get past 500rwhp with the crossover but not with the factory box - dyno proven fact. You'll need to run a large conical filter and this case, he's running a growler. No doubt others on the market would achieve the same results.

I beg to differ, my utes making 400KW at the wheels factory cross over and V8 airbox with K&N filter, dyno'd with the box shut as it runs on the street. Dyno sheet to prove it, so unless the dyno is out by 50KW I have a feeling you are wrong. Many things contribute to power output but the airbox being maxed at 350KW aint true. In saying that running a free flowing turbo side inlet would be much less of a restriction I agree.

  • Carnage on the Garage Floor
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 16y 4m 20d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Gold Coast
Posted

Sounds like Qld tuners are full of crap then. His car actually hit the wall at 360rwkw, not 350, so I didn't have that 100% correct. So we have two respected shops - not affiliated - both identifiying the same restriction which once resolved, enabled the tune to be taken past 500rwhp. I don't doubt your car is making 400 mate but again, I can only go off facts concering his car and the tuners concerned.

If the factory airbox can support 400rwkw then I would suggest nobody would bother changing them. The reality is, plenty do.

  • Three pedals are better then two..
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 19y 4m 5d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Melbourne
Posted

There have been a few F6's that have made over 350 with the V8 box the standout would be that silver one that ran a 10.8 I think it was with one.

Don't think restriction is the main reason people swap them for turboside intakes.

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 15y 11m 9d
  • Gender: Male
Posted

There's a C@V performance FG F6 making low 400s with a growler and stock crossover. Growlers are known by some members to be sh*tter than stock.

  • Resident idiot.
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 16y 11d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Melbourne
Posted

Agree not all change them for the restriction. To be honest it never even crossed my mind at the time. I wanted a bit more spool noise. That said now I want less lol. I put the muffler thing back in and it is so much better.

Can't do that with a turbo side..

  • 2 weeks later...
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 15y 5m 26d
  • Gender: Male
Posted

If you just want a bit more noise and a few extra hp. Cut a hole or two in the bottom of your box and get a k and n panel filter to suit. Should give you a bit more noise bling and also give you a couple more seat of the pants hp. Save your money that setup would be good for upto 330rwkw or do what these boys are doing with the v8 air box and typhoon snorkel etc

  • Three pedals are better then two..
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 19y 4m 5d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Melbourne
Posted

Put one of these on too.

IMG_0490.jpg

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 16y 1m 3d
  • Gender: Male
Posted

this may be common knowledge but couldn't find an answer, I'm assuming better heat shielding from engine bay temps is with a aluminum air box rather than a plastic/fibreglass one?

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...