Sinclaire Member 18 Member For: 16y 3m 12d Gender: Male Location: Picnic point nsw 2213 Sydney Posted 21/11/11 12:40 AM Author Posted 21/11/11 12:40 AM Thanks for the advise. So I should get a new actuator and maybe injectors. I really wanted to keep the stock injectors so I can redlash the stock tune If I need. I may ask my tuner to change just the actuator and give me a safe tune with stock injectors. That'll be enough. It's a family car.
johno Legacy Donating Member 773 Member For: 15y 11m 27d Gender: Male Location: Mt Gambier, SA Posted 21/11/11 01:18 AM Posted 21/11/11 01:18 AM I would be looking for a new tuner. This one sounds like he is taking you for a ride.
Mr_4.0 Member 1,096 Member For: 15y 8m 19d Posted 21/11/11 03:12 AM Posted 21/11/11 03:12 AM What did u actually get for your 2500??40,000km and needing new plugs is not out of the ordinary on a turbo. Boost leaks also common. Actuator issues can happen but would need more info as to what he means.
Sinclaire Member 18 Member For: 16y 3m 12d Gender: Male Location: Picnic point nsw 2213 Sydney Posted 21/11/11 03:41 AM Author Posted 21/11/11 03:41 AM Custom tune only $2000 (I know that's a bit high but he's supposed to be one of the best tuners in Sydney, I went with the idea that you get what you pay for), re torque inlet & exhaust manifold $100, replace spark plugs and re tension all intercooler hoses $234, replace one injector o ring $125. For the actuator, he said not to use the race tune and not to rev past 5000 rpm on the street tune as I could get boost spike and I could blow my engine. So, for nearly $2500, I now have a car that I'm worried to drive in fear of something going terribly wrong. I'm starting to regret the whole thing.
Gasman Ford Nub Member 412 Member For: 15y 6m Gender: Male Location: Gold Coast Posted 22/11/11 05:13 AM Posted 22/11/11 05:13 AM Eeerm who wassit?
JVK Legacy Donating Member 751 Member For: 20y 9m 20d Gender: Male Location: North West Hot Hell,VIC Posted 22/11/11 05:19 AM Posted 22/11/11 05:19 AM The dyno might be a giveaway!
Gasman Ford Nub Member 412 Member For: 15y 6m Gender: Male Location: Gold Coast Posted 22/11/11 05:25 AM Posted 22/11/11 05:25 AM Quick google search comes up with MRT performance...
Mr_4.0 Member 1,096 Member For: 15y 8m 19d Posted 22/11/11 07:05 AM Posted 22/11/11 07:05 AM 2000 for a tune??125 for injector o ring??
234Fpv Legacy Donating Member 522 Member For: 15y 3m Gender: Male Location: Yeppoon qld Posted 22/11/11 09:37 AM Posted 22/11/11 09:37 AM Ouch!
Sinclaire Member 18 Member For: 16y 3m 12d Gender: Male Location: Picnic point nsw 2213 Sydney Posted 22/11/11 10:44 AM Author Posted 22/11/11 10:44 AM I went to tunehouse at marrickville Sydney. I've read heaps of good reviews about them on this site. The $2000 included an Xcal3.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now