Your Gs Mods

Ewaaaah

• Member For: 15y 3m 25d

UPDATE:

Alrighty, so thought I'd give an update on what the current situation is!

I've ordered Herrod's top of the range Tail-shaft for the ute (was worried about snapping the original) This should hopefully arrive next week just in time for my tune! I'd like to thank Rob Herrod for assisting me, and offering such a fantastic service!

My car went in this morning for all my bits and pieces to be installed. Will be ready Saturday morning. I'll then truck it back to my warehouse to leave it in storage till I'm back from Sydney on Wednesday. So hopefully if Bruce isn't too busy, I'll be trucking it up thursday morning, and spending the day there fitting the tail-shaft and then doing a full BP98 tune and then a full E85 tune.

I'll have plenty of Vids/ Pics!

Can't wait!

Edited by southside
  • Like 2

Alright Boys, it's almost that time to start the tuning process!

I received my car back from KPM on saturday morning. Would like to thank Dave for putting my car together with all my upgraded parts.

Next week monday my car is finally booked in with bruce, at Hienrich performance and tuning, to get the numbers down on the dyno.

Bruce will be using John (FPVBOSS335) car as a tuning blue-print for my ute, due to us basically having identical upgrades. His tune is one to experience! Absolute weapon of a vehicle, making 480rwkw

I've decided to Pull the factory cats out of the car, and add straight pipes instead. But! I'll be using the outside casing on the original factory cats to cover the straight pipes so no one expects a thing.

I'm still waiting on Herrod's tail shaft to arrive. I'm hoping it'll be any day now.

My mods list thus far, is as follows.

1. KPM street fighter intercooler

2. Bosch EV14 1000cc Injectors

3. KPM 1000hp (Ute) fuel system

4. Yella Terra Snout w/ 61mm Pulley

5. Herrod Tail shaft

6. Mesh Fuel Filter for E85

7. New fuel lines for E85

A couple of quick snaps.

KPM's 1000hp Ute fuel system

post-33271-0-00393400-1368663373_thumb.j

Quick engine bay snaps

post-33271-0-49096800-1368663388_thumb.j

post-33271-0-97400900-1368663390_thumb.j

Edited by southside
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • Member For: 13y 11m 3d

G'day folks,

Traded my old BA Pursuit to order a brand new GS back on the 1st of Jan and finally got it two weeks ago.

It's swift, manual,premium sound,dual zone,satnav and towbar. Don't like leather so it was the only option I didn't get.

I couldn't stand how high it was(you'd think they had a GS RTV model it was that bad!?) so within the first week I lowered it on H&R/Bilstein coil overs and reset leaves/Bilsteins. I removed the poxy roll bar and fitted a standard cover. Thought I was going to remove the stripes but I'm undedecided at present...if they were those '69 or '70 Boss 302 style things they have on GT's they would have been removed at the dealer....those things are just plain wrong!

Next on the agenda is likely the wheels or maybe the exhaust. Now I'll just get some k's on it before tuning and a pulley and then likely do the intercooler mods

cheers!

sorry but it seems you can't add photies on this post?

• Like 1

Hey FIXR7

I wouldn't bother doing an exhaust. Just high-flow cat/ rear muffler removal is all u need! the rest of the system is fine for 450+rwkw.

If you want power straight out the box then do 1000CC injectors, pulley and tune on E85. you'll be making around 390-410rwkw safely. The E85 will help with temp control.

Then do fuel system/ intercooler and you're laughing!

have a read of my thread

http://www.fordxr6turbo.com/forum/topic/85114-my-gs-ute-pulling-4526rwkw/

any questions about the utes, just ask :)

Edited by southside

• Member For: 13y 11m 3d

Hey Southside,

Cheers man. Yep read your thread...good fun there!

I'm really only doing the exhaust so I can hear it and so it sounds good....haven't heard one yet with the rear muffler removed that sounded any good I'm afraid. There's a few getting around with a Manta cat back that sounds even worse because they don't merge the pipes..sounds like an old 308 statesman thong slapper!?

I won't be doing E85, petrol only. Partly because you can't buy it anywhere and partly because of all the hassles involved with the fuel system. I'm going to go as far as I can with stock injectors.

I'll be doing the intercooler enabling myself so it won't cost anything like what these mobs are charging for it. This is my work ute afterall. Pictures work now apparently...

IMG_0654_zps3535b7dc.jpg

DSC05882_zps51225d7c.jpg

• Like 2

I have two mates with GT335. one who spent $3500 on a full system, and another on just rear muffler delete and new cats. Anyone who's heard these two cars would agree the rear muffler deleted/ cat upgraded GT sounds a lot better than the other. I'll post up a vid of what mine sounds like now. John (fpvboss335) went out for a drive with me, and he said you need to hear it to believe it, as they say!

As for standard injectors, it's a bit of hit and miss. my standard ones maxed out at 380rwkw, I drilled them and flowed half E85/98 and made 400.8rwkw. I know some tuners say the sweet spot is between 370-390rwkw and they will max. Fuel system should be fine to 400-410rwkw

Edited by southside

• Member For: 12y 2m 18d

That'd be great southside, I await your vid.

Cheers,

Pete.

Pete, I'm in Perth, have a GS sedan and have the rear muffler delete. I can come and take you for a spin if you like. I was skeptical at first, but a member at AFF took me for a drive in his rear muffler delete and I was hooked.