Photography Advice & Discussion Thread

Shyfrd

• Carnage on the Garage Floor
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 11m 16d

Thanks for the feedback guys. Bought the 60D in a twin lens kit from Teds today :)

Here is my first real crack.

• Like 4

• Here since the start...
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 21y 1d

I WON!!! Off to the NT in a couple of weeks with Canon Australia and NT Tourism!

https://www.facebook...ritoryaustralia

We're super pleased to announce that the pics taken by Adam Lee and Jason Bell-Davey (both Victorians) have been selected as the winning entries to our Canon Top End Photographic Adventure! We'll share the winning pics tomorrow. Congratulations lads ... we'll be seeing you land in Darwin in a couple of weeks' time.

The photo I entered can be seen HERE.

• Like 5

• Turboless
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 2m

Congrats mate! Bet it's going to be a real hoot, get some ripping photos and make the most of the free trip :D

Awesome stuff :spoton:

What was the photo you entered to win?? Trying to find it now on the page lol

Edited by Shyfrd

• Here since the start...
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 21y 1d

Thanks guys! :spoton:

My other two trips to the NT have been free too because I was there for work. Three months at the beginning of last year and two weeks last October.

I'm really looking forward to going at this time of year. The wet season is over, but there's still plenty of water around.

• I <3 Floods
  • Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 8m 26d

Good effort Adam.. Hope you enjoy the trip.. Can't wait to see some photos from it.

Just sharing that I had time (at last) this weekend while on a 6km walk through the Bunyas to really try out the camera.. Haven't uploaded any pics yet but I will soon.. It was pretty good to be able to just take my time and stop wherever I wanted and snag some photos. Was also my first real attempt at taking photos in manual mode. Which leads me to the point of the post. It was pretty cool adjusting the settings and turning a rather drab forest landscape into some really stunning colours. However alot of the photos seemed to look great on the little screen of the camera.. But when amplified on the computer I gotta admit I was dissappointed.. The computer doesn't really seem to show off the colour as much as the camera's little screen does..

So I'm down to two things.. 1) It's a sh*thouse dull display on a dodgey laptop I uploaded the photos to and I should upload them to something with a better screen. OR 2) I really didn't take half as good a picture as I thought I did.

Does anyone notice much difference in colours etc when they get their photos printed compared to looking at them on a computer screen?

Will try and upload some photos this evening to show.

• I see a red door and I want to paint it black
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 6m 2d

yeah I get that same SDP, I think Adam advised HDR for landscapes. I still havent got a program and tried it out. Tripod would be a must.

I also got to go for a walk with the camera yesterday, only about an hour or so. Saw an ant mimic spider but it was tiny and didn't turn out, yet another reason to buy a dslr and that 100mm macro Adam suggested, can't afford the L version though.

Here's on I got of a hover fly yesterday, haven't looked at it on a decent screen yet.

598743_10151023708341180_1637738608_n.jpg

• I see a red door and I want to paint it black
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 6m 2d

Just caved in and bought a new 600D with a three lens kit, I'll be getting the macro lens tomorrow, then making up a snoot. Going to have to start learning all over again.

SDP you could try a polarising filter for your landscapes.