Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Brisbanes Resident Detailer
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 17y 8m 9d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: In my Cabin Outside Brisbane.
Posted (edited)

As the title states

Write up

Pictures

Ge2HG.jpg

Edited by Dagabond
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 15y 9m 10d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Parramatta, NSW
Posted

My Opinions:

Inclusion of Curtain Airbags as Standard is a good move. Many buyers skimp on them and unfortunately they add little value at re-sale so making them standard is the only way to keep everyone safe.

New Touch Screen is good. Larger 8" Size is good.

Satellite Navigation as Standard on G6E and G6ET is good

Standard Reverse Sensors is a plus

I'm neutral on the new LED lights, I'll wait till we see a few to see whether they're more than a marketing gimmick

Ability to play MP3's off any USB device is really good. Hopefully they've updated the Bluetooth as well...

The new rims look OK.

I don't like the new front grill. I liked the old one better.

There are two important things they forgot to mention. Firstly, when exactly is it launching. The best we get is that "production begins in the fourth quarter of 2011". The Second thing there was no mention of is the price. Is it going up at all (hopefully not). Overall, I think it's a good Upgrade, although it looks like no changes were made to the drivetrain (unless they left out that stuff). :icon_ford:

I'm also curious as to what the "Optional Extra's" on the G6ET will be. All I can think of is Tow-Ball and 19-inch Rims. The GPS is now standard.

Can someone explain the difference between Standard, Prestige and Premium Sound and which cars they are available in? Now, the buffoons in the Marketing Department need to get to work and actually sell this model :spoton:

  • Like 1
  • Sucker
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 22y 5m 4d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Brisbane
Posted

Sounds promising, not sold on the new bumper though. Can anyone get those pics to load?

Warranty expires on mine in a few months, was trying to resist the temptation to waste money on an upgrade but that may have to change now :ermm:

  • Bored Member
  • Administrator
  • Member For: 23y 10m 15d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Dé·jà vu
Posted (edited)

Can anyone get those pics to load?

I struggled for a bit, I'd say they are taking a hammering at the moment as they go viral so I leached and rehosted the pic in the first post.

G6E and interior wasnt worth the effort.

Is that a lowered Territory or a MKII... :blink:

cnlT9.jpg

Might as well have ducked out and taken a pic of my interior... :blink:

uia8v.jpg

Edited by Dagabond
  • Sucker
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 22y 5m 4d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Brisbane
Posted

Oh :blink:

Are they real or CGI? Look like something Wheels or Motor has mocked-up...think I liked it better just looking at the thumbnails.

  • Three pedals are better then two..
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 19y 4m 3d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Melbourne
Posted

Yeah just a Terri mock up, don't think anyones gonna regret buying a series 1 tbh.

  • Brisbanes Resident Detailer
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 17y 8m 9d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: In my Cabin Outside Brisbane.
Posted

I thought I was the only one who doesn't like the new bumper. New lights were a given but its good to see Ford not penny pinching and the XRs get them as well. The LEDs on the G-specs is a bit wank.

  • Bored Member
  • Administrator
  • Member For: 23y 10m 15d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Dé·jà vu
Posted

More info here.

ford-falcon-g6e-turbo-sedan.jpg

That blue is sex. :leghump:

  • Like 1
  • Sucker
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 22y 5m 4d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Brisbane
Posted

Vanish?

New colour..a dark navy blue..looks awesome

102097415.jpg

102097464.jpg

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...