Over Boost Problem

Damo21

• Member For: 15y 2m 5d

Hey everyone I'm having a problem with my boost. I wanna run 16 psi but the boost is hitting 20 psi. I have rapid systems v3 intercooler kit, gt35 with .70 ar comp, 4 inch intake, 4 inch dump pipe to 3.5 inch single system, 40mm external waste gate, 60lb injectors, 044 and surge tank, sx fuel reg and rail and valve springs. No matter what we do we can't get boostdown under 20 psi. Just wondering if anyone had any ideas? Any help would be appreciated thanks :)

• Member For: 15y 2m 5d

ITs externally waste gated. Because we has trouble with ported exhaust housing we ran external gate and still having problems.

• Dropping a turd
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 5m 28d

Hey everyone I'm having a problem with my boost. I wanna run 16 psi but the boost is hitting 20 psi. I have rapid systems v3 intercooler kit, gt35 with .70 ar comp, 4 inch intake, 4 inch dump pipe to 3.5 inch single system, 40mm external waste gate, 60lb injectors, 044 and surge tank, sx fuel reg and rail and valve springs. No matter what we do we can't get boostdown under 20 psi. Just wondering if anyone had any ideas? Any help would be appreciated thanks :)

Sound like you have all the good gear. Either take it to a tuner and get them to sort the overboost or fit a nizpro overboost valve and bleed off the extra 4 pounds. Who is tuning your car.