George2617 New Member 14 Member For: 15y 7m 1d Gender: Male Posted 17/07/11 08:05 AM Posted 17/07/11 08:05 AM Hi guys,Ive done some research and I have found out that to know if your car is a BF 1 or 2 is by the build date. BF2 are from after 06/06My question is, my car was built 06/06 (according to the plate) so is that a BF1 or 2?I'm new to xr6t's so not sure what I should be looking for. (will a photo of the engine help?) I want to do some mods but need to know what I dont have to do straight up.Cheers in advance.G
Cheaty McCheats Totally not a Cop Legacy Donating Member 821 Member For: 15y 8m 3d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 17/07/11 08:13 AM Posted 17/07/11 08:13 AM I think you may be confused with better internals, you can get BFI's with the typhoon valve springs and rods, providing it was built post 06/06
George2617 New Member 14 Member For: 15y 7m 1d Gender: Male Posted 17/07/11 08:19 AM Author Posted 17/07/11 08:19 AM Yeah so im trying to figure out if I have the typhoon internals or not
Banned1 Banned Banned 734 Member For: 16y 16d Gender: Male Location: Caloundra Posted 17/07/11 08:24 AM Posted 17/07/11 08:24 AM neither, buy an FG, you won't get people flagging you down for a taxi then !
George2617 New Member 14 Member For: 15y 7m 1d Gender: Male Posted 17/07/11 08:30 AM Author Posted 17/07/11 08:30 AM HAHAHA...I'll pay that one but doesnt really help me now does it lol
Dillz Three pedals are better then two.. Legacy Donating Member 15,637 Member For: 19y 4m 2d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 17/07/11 08:31 AM Posted 17/07/11 08:31 AM Real helpful..I don't think there's anyway to find out in an 06/06 unless you pull them out.
Pazzo Legacy Donating Member 11,132 Member For: 15y 11m 6d Gender: Male Posted 17/07/11 08:32 AM Posted 17/07/11 08:32 AM get the vin number and engine number and ring ford head office. they will help.
matt036 Legacy Donating Member 280 Member For: 16y 8m 21d Gender: Male Posted 17/07/11 09:35 AM Posted 17/07/11 09:35 AM If you would like, post up or pm me the vin and ill check it out at work tomorrow and ill be able to tell you what its got in it.
xr6t4life Member 129 Member For: 17y 2m 13d Gender: Male Location: Perth WA Posted 17/07/11 10:04 AM Posted 17/07/11 10:04 AM pazzo's on the money need to call up ford with the vin no.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now