Mr Man Mad Scientist Member 816 Member For: 21y 9m 30d Gender: Male Location: Vic Posted 14/07/11 12:58 PM Posted 14/07/11 12:58 PM From memory a few people on here over the years have made similar numbers with similar boost at HPF. Maybe its because their dyno reads lower, but really rwkw is just a number... As long as you're happy with the car and the way it drives is what matters, if not then get it tuned elsewhere that will give you the rwkw number you're after
Worm A much better forum Legacy Donating Member 3,808 Member For: 18y 2m 5d Gender: Male Location: Victoria Posted 14/07/11 01:19 PM Posted 14/07/11 01:19 PM It's tiny.All the other mods are a waste if you don't change that, I reckon boost will come way down. Trying to cram 17psi through a pin hole ain't gonna make power.He doesn't have the stock UBP. He has a gT2 HDI... They are good for 350rwkw +... they run the cold side out the passengers side... And up in front of the engine back up to the crossover...Bring it to another dyno... I had 350 admittedly with shorter cooler piping, however, it was at 15psi... And I had stock exhaust with high flowed cat...
Jez89 Legacy Donating Member 30 Member For: 16y 3m 27d Posted 14/07/11 09:36 PM Author Posted 14/07/11 09:36 PM Cheers for the feedback guys. I have run it on another dyno not long after HPF just to compare because I thought it was low and got about the same rwkw. I'm not chasing a number or anything I just want to make sure I'm getting the power I should be safely. I also ran it on another dyno just to check AFR's and boost because the only graph I got off HPF was the one I posted.... not sure why some things have to be so f-ing hard sometimes... . Anyway I will be definately going to Pitlane as it sounds like everyone that goes there comes out pretty happy and actually knows what their car is doing. It's just a pain in the ass because I live in Albury which is far away from pitlane and a proper drag strip. Hopefully in the next month or 2 I might get them to have a look at it.
Bonjaz Legacy Donating Member 1,841 Member For: 17y 9m 20d Gender: Male Location: CQ Posted 15/07/11 12:23 AM Posted 15/07/11 12:23 AM I would be looking for leaks, turbo bolts tight, checked all pipework and hose clamps ect
arronm Dropping a turd Legacy Donating Member 9,520 Member For: 18y 11m 1d Gender: Male Location: Perth Posted 15/07/11 08:01 AM Posted 15/07/11 08:01 AM Can you get a dyno printout with RPM instead of KPH as I think you car is laying over at the top rpm.
arronm Dropping a turd Legacy Donating Member 9,520 Member For: 18y 11m 1d Gender: Male Location: Perth Posted 15/07/11 08:19 AM Posted 15/07/11 08:19 AM A quick look at a video I have relating KPH to RPM shows your car is laying over at the top end before 5000rpm. that's where you power is lost.
spoolxr6 Member 312 Member For: 15y 10m 14d Posted 15/07/11 09:09 AM Posted 15/07/11 09:09 AM I don't know if it'll make a big difference for you but I know that the rear muffler on the single 3.5" is restrictive. The internal diameter of those 3" tips you see is only about 1 3/4" not even 2". I measured them a while ago using a telescopic guage in there.
arronm Dropping a turd Legacy Donating Member 9,520 Member For: 18y 11m 1d Gender: Male Location: Perth Posted 15/07/11 10:45 AM Posted 15/07/11 10:45 AM A quick look at a video I have relating KPH to RPM shows your car is laying over at the top end before 5000rpm. that's where you power is lost.Ok a quick few calcs . In 4th gear 120kph - 3625rpm 136-4121 152 -4606 168-5090 184-5575.So looking at your graph there is very little extra power from 4121 - 4606 and then it lays over. Something isnt quite right.
.BLKPHN. Legacy Donating Member 283 Member For: 15y 7m 6d Gender: Male Posted 16/07/11 02:22 AM Posted 16/07/11 02:22 AM just keep those mods mate and take it else where you shoulkd be getting 350+rwkw
f6mark Member 2,909 Member For: 15y 7m 14d Gender: Male Posted 16/07/11 03:25 AM Posted 16/07/11 03:25 AM GO TO PITLANE MATE. Mick will look after u mate..
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now