Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Guest potai
  • Guests
Posted

I've had the drivers door window control arm trying to bash its way through to the interior when powering the window down or up (XR6T sedan, auto). The dealer replaced the whole mechanism at 3000km.

A new fault developing at the moment is in the front suspension. I park in a tight parking building (a lot of lock to lock turning), now getting some real clunk sounds coming through the rack (only when going lock to lock) cannot feel anything. Seems all fine on the open road. Currently just over 6000km

  • Replies 360
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest IMTRBO
  • Guests
Posted

I dont think are ment to fully lock a power steer car are you ? that is what I was taught ( prolly not good idea to say that to the dealer when you get it fixed) I know the au had a bad rack set up :thumbsup:

  • Firm Member
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 11m 6d
  • Location: Adelaide Hills
Posted
I dont think are ment to fully lock a power steer car are you ? that is what I was taught ( prolly not good idea to say that to the dealer when you get it fixed) I know the au had a bad rack set up :thumbsup:

l may be wrong but l think the days of having to avoid full lock for any length of time are gone. l remember in the 80's you had to avoid this practice with a lot of cars, but hydraulic systems are better these days. Didnt notice anything in the manual about this.

  • Member
  • Member For: 23y 6m 22d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Darwin NT
Posted

Actually Mondie I seem to recall something about it in the manual.(p167)

Guest IMTRBO
  • Guests
Posted

it doesnt really have to be in the manual just full lock the wheel and have the music off and listen to your power sterring pump grind I dont know about you guys but I rather b safe than sorry :thumbsup:

  • Firm Member
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 11m 6d
  • Location: Adelaide Hills
Posted
Actually Mondie I seem to recall something about it in the manual.(p167)

Maybe l should read it again :D

Posted

How are you folks copeing with the glare or more the reflection of the dash in the windscreen? I sprayed my dash with Polyglaze Solar Care and now the sun on the dash is a shocker. I dont rember the reflection being a prob before. While Im at it those bloody front pillars are huge, nearly cleaned up a shiela on a treadley at a roundabout, she was in the pillar blind spot.

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 11m 27d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: South Coast NSW
Posted

Yeah you gotta have a dash mat on all the new cars with the steeply raked windscreen - and the A pillars are a real danger on AU and BA - you can hide a small truck in the blind spot - really bad coming onto a roundabout when the vehicle on your right is approaching at just the right (or is it wrong) angle and can be obscured for quite a long time.

  • Brendan Dennis
  • Member
  • Member For: 23y 11m 22d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Melbourne, Vic
Posted

I'll go with NT Turbo...

Dash Mat....

I had one in the AUII XR6 VCT.

I picked up a non genuine dash mat from my local Ford Spare parts devision..

Here is a pic. It has the "XR" logo on it...

This pic is taken through the windscreen into the car...

My "T" has just done 3500KM and is in for the 3000km service. I asked for a oil change etc.

The only issues I have had are..

1. Stitching in the back seat coming apart. - New rear seat to be installed today.

2. Small rattle from behind the dash . Looking into this..

Apart from that. It is a dream to drive. You begin to forget just how much power you have!!. B) I have a loan 2L Focus... It makes you appreciate the power of the force...! :blink:

post-2-1051570697.jpg

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...