Guest Xr6Tas Guests Posted 01/05/03 09:49 AM Posted 01/05/03 09:49 AM Tas, sounds like it might be the water pump o-ring problem that Ford are having a few problems with at the moment.Should be an easy enough fix.Good luck and let us know how you go. I'm pleased to report you were spot on mate. It was indeed the water pump o-ring issue. Problem has been fixed and car is back to normal :D
Cashie Legacy Donating Member 663 Member For: 23y 8m 3d Gender: Male Location: Perth Posted 02/05/03 06:41 AM Posted 02/05/03 06:41 AM Tas, sounds like it might be the water pump o-ring problem that Ford are having a few problems with at the moment.Should be an easy enough fix.Good luck and let us know how you go.I'm pleased to report you were spot on mate. It was indeed the water pump o-ring issue. Problem has been fixed and car is back to normal :D I think you jinxed me Tas, mine is now leaking from what appears to be the water pump! It's booked in Monday at Westpoint for repair action.Oh well, at least I wasn't surprised when I saw a puddle under the car last night and the header tank half full.Good to hear yours is all fixed. Did they just replace the o-ring or the entire pump?
Guest Xr6Tas Guests Posted 02/05/03 08:37 AM Posted 02/05/03 08:37 AM Sorry to jinx you mate! Hope you get it fixed up ASAP. They replaced the entire water pump btw.
Guest otaz Guests Posted 12/05/03 12:24 AM Posted 12/05/03 12:24 AM I have had a few problems with the xr6 turbo. I picked the car up in sydney with 49 kms on the clock. I drove it another 80kms and it broke down with a valve spring problem. Towed into ELN ford who fixed the problem and couldn't be more helpful. Have just returned from a trip to adelaide and heard a wind/vibration noise at the top of the front windscreen. I pushed up on the interior lining of the roof above the mirror and the noise disappears. When I arrived in adelaide I parked the car on the driveway and when I moved it the next morning there was a mess on the driveway. It was not oil but coolant. I took the car the Maughn Theim and told them about the problems. They replaced the O ring on the water pump and said ford know about the wind noise but as yet do not have a fix for the problem. Maughn Theim said I was the third car with this problem. It happens at a speed of 140km and is constant at or above that speed. Hope Ford find a solution soon as I do long trips and the noise is starting to get annoying.
Guest xrman Guests Posted 13/05/03 11:04 AM Posted 13/05/03 11:04 AM I've had a coolant leak, bonnet lever broke off, noise in head lining, centre storeage lid sticks and now got the brake shudder I have scratched the front bumper on high gutters when parking as not used to such a low car, nearly cried and a magpie( the bird type not a collingwood player) couldn't move out of the way fast enough so I got another scratch outa that, the bird got killed and I did cry this time at the bill to fix it! Apart from that I am in love with the lue beast.
Superoo Member 340 Member For: 23y 10m 29d Gender: Male Posted 13/05/03 12:41 PM Posted 13/05/03 12:41 PM Had mine less than a week and only issue was the tint job so no factory problems thus far.Certainly coming to terms with having to accept that the front bumper is going to pick up a fair few dings due to its height (or lack thereof). Already scraped the underside of it on one of those damn concrete blocks in a carpark - suppose shouldn't worry when you can't see it.How do those HSV and Magna ralliart owners put up with it?
HellionXR6T I'm Back!! Thats right, long over due! :) Legacy Donating Member 4,348 Member For: 23y 10m 26d Gender: Male Location: West Brisbane Posted 14/05/03 12:20 AM Posted 14/05/03 12:20 AM 18 pages??? Geez!!! It happened again......... That's it, I'm putting my short stumpy legs on an ancient torture device to stretch the ^#*#^@% things!!!! Either that or lower the car by 2 inches!!!This morning after I park my car....."SNAP". That's 3.Plastic sorround on the drivers seat where the 4 way adjuster is. It's broken away again!!!!I'm writing an official letter of complaint to Ford as this is insane.Plus I think I have another rotor problem. Will have to get this looked into before May 25th for the Brisbane get together!!!
chrislak Legacy Donating Member 400 Member For: 23y 9m 4d Location: Sydney Posted 14/05/03 12:57 AM Posted 14/05/03 12:57 AM After 3 warranty services, leaking water pump O ring, brake shudder, mis aligned steering wheel, hand brake adjustment, mis aligned steering wheel 1000k's later now with 4700k's on the clock I can say the car is better now then when first delivered.Patience every one once your small problems are rectified you should have a trouble free vehicle, if you keep on going back for the same problem week after week, find a new machanic.
Phantomxr6 Legacy Donating Member 452 Member For: 23y 5m 14d Gender: Male Location: Razorback NSW Posted 14/05/03 01:54 AM Posted 14/05/03 01:54 AM Has anybody else had their bootlid fill up with water flooding out into the boot when you lift it?
Mals BA XR6T Member 381 Member For: 23y 9m 27d Location: Sydney Posted 14/05/03 03:20 AM Posted 14/05/03 03:20 AM Has anybody else had their bootlid fill up with water flooding out into the boot when you lift it? Yes, and this happened on my old AU as well... take it back and they will fix it... Mine has been fixed, but don't know what they did.While reaching in for the shopping bags :o , cold water down the back of your neck is not a good feeling I know!
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now