supercharged88 Member 153 Member For: 18y 2m 7d Gender: Male Location: Far Nth QLD. Posted 04/07/11 10:33 AM Posted 04/07/11 10:33 AM Hi everyone, for some reason if I try to open the Internet Options in Windows 7 I get this error and nothing opens.rundll32.exe - Application Error.The application was unable to start correctly (0xc0000005).Click OK to close the application.I have no idea what this means, but if I click on anything under the options tab I get the same message.Does anybody know what it means and how I can fix it, if possible.Thanks in advance.Dave.
Adam Here since the start... Legacy Donating Member 10,282 Member For: 23y 5m 8d Gender: Male Location: Victoria Posted 04/07/11 10:41 AM Posted 04/07/11 10:41 AM Install FF5. Problem solved.
supercharged88 Member 153 Member For: 18y 2m 7d Gender: Male Location: Far Nth QLD. Posted 04/07/11 10:46 AM Author Posted 04/07/11 10:46 AM Thanks for the reply Adam, but what the hell is FF5.
Dagabond Bored Member Administrator 35,722 Member For: 23y 10m 19d Gender: Male Location: Dé·jà vu Posted 04/07/11 11:07 AM Posted 04/07/11 11:07 AM Firefox 5http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/products/download.html?product=firefox-5.0&os=win〈=en-USAlthough it'll be hard to download if you dont have a working browser...
supercharged88 Member 153 Member For: 18y 2m 7d Gender: Male Location: Far Nth QLD. Posted 04/07/11 11:28 AM Author Posted 04/07/11 11:28 AM I can go on line with my laptop, I'm using it now.The problem only seems to be evident when I go to Control Panel, type internet options in the search window.When the Internet Option page opens and I try to select one of the options to look at the settings I get the rundll32.exe error message.It's like the rundll32.exe file is corrupted or missing or something.Once again please excuse my ignorence but I'm not to savy on this stuff.RegardsDave.
Adam Here since the start... Legacy Donating Member 10,282 Member For: 23y 5m 8d Gender: Male Location: Victoria Posted 04/07/11 11:44 AM Posted 04/07/11 11:44 AM You could try an uninstall and reinstall of IE.
discostig Manual mode ________________________ All day, erryday Legacy Donating Member 13,798 Member For: 18y 10m 9d Gender: Male Location: Probably above atmospheric pressure Posted 04/07/11 11:47 AM Posted 04/07/11 11:47 AM (edited) Nah rundll32 is a system file that allows DLL files to run as EXEs if my memory serves correctly. It runs loads of other stuff. I'd wager IE is broken.I use FF5 like the above cool guys. You could also try updating to Internet Explorer 9, or if it's already installed, uninstall it? That's via appwiz.cpl aka add/remove programs in control panel. FOrget what it's called in Win7, but you can still get it by running appwiz.cpl from run/search box in start menu on win7. Or Windows key + R shortcut if you're also a cool guy.Edit, adam beat me. He's a cooler guy. Edited 04/07/11 11:49 AM by -SteveR-
supercharged88 Member 153 Member For: 18y 2m 7d Gender: Male Location: Far Nth QLD. Posted 04/07/11 12:29 PM Author Posted 04/07/11 12:29 PM Thanks for the input guys.I've fixed the problem.I ran Piriform CCleaner and registry cleaner and now everything opens without any errors.Thanks again for the responses.
Kv! Legacy Donating Member 1,132 Member For: 16y 7m 17d Gender: Male Location: Eastern Suburbs, Melbourne Posted 04/07/11 01:20 PM Posted 04/07/11 01:20 PM Google chrome is the sh!t
dre Resident idiot. Legacy Donating Member 2,068 Member For: 16y 13d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 05/07/11 12:18 AM Posted 05/07/11 12:18 AM Firefox ftw. Buy a Mac. Faster, better, safer. f*ck windows.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now