Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 18y 6m 5d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Sydney NSW
Posted

thanks for all your replies fellows.

The funny thing is that I tossed up between the GT and the F6 for so long. and I thought well if I want to Mod it the GT seems like it makes more power and more reliably (FORGED EVERYTHING EVEN THE DIPSTICK) I was wrong I should have stayed with the Taxi Rocket. I had 4 I6 falcons and not once did I ever have a problem. my brother has still got my Au falcon Xr6 now with 432Ks on it thing still runs like a machine.

In the end of the day I love fords and will stick by them until the day I die. its like following your favorite footy side sometimes it hurts to watch.

I will keep you guys posted on the progress so far Ford have been really good.

  • Banned
  • Member For: 15y 10m 11d
  • Gender: Male
Posted

Yes mate, the I6 falcons are renowned to be absolutely bulletproof if kept stock - a BA taxi drove me home recently that had 999,999 on the odo, and he reckons he's done another 150-200,000 since then. All with just routine maintenance, no major engine or transmission failure since new - quite amazing longevity.

But even if you bought an F6, its still very possible that you could have had issues with it so again, don't lose faith in your GT yet - could turn out to be the best car you have owned! :beerchug:

  • Here since the start...
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 5m 8d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Victoria
Posted

Yes mate, the I6 falcons are renowned to be absolutely bulletproof if kept stock.

Head gaskets and broken head studs immediately come to mind. Both common up until BA.

a BA taxi drove me home recently that had 999,999 on the odo, and he reckons he's done another 150-200,000 since then. All with just routine maintenance, no major engine or transmission failure since new - quite amazing longevity.

Taxi's can't be counted. They are always running. Just the driver changes, so they don't go through the normal warm up (expansion) - cool down (contraction) routine like private cars do.

  • Banned
  • Member For: 15y 10m 11d
  • Gender: Male
Posted (edited)

Of course taxi's can be counted - what you are saying is right about warming up/cooling down etc that affects longevity (and a private car wouldn't do a million most probably), still doesn't change the fact that Ford I6s are extremely reliable cars.....

Edited by CBXRT
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 17y 7m 8d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Melbourne
Posted

I seriously doubt that would work.

I suppose we will have to wait for it to be tested in real life.

But I know the new laws have a couple of manufacturers and importers worried. The example of the fridge was one from his mouth.

  • Carnage on the Garage Floor
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 16y 4m 23d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Gold Coast
Posted

In the end of the day I love fords and will stick by them until the day I die...

Mate this is my first Ford for a long time and nearly bought a VE SS instead, so I aint that brand loyal. That said, I agree with all the other posts mate and you just got rotten luck. Take a deep breath and work through it. You know its covered, they know they have to fix it properly. All I would insist on is that if it turns out to be a 'major' failure, I'd want a new engine - no compromise. That, or where's my refund. Good luck mate.

  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Member For: 16y 22d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Caloundra
Posted

my old XG, 400,000klms and speedo hadn't worked for years ! :buttrock: was ran by TNT as a courier from new and only thing I changed was a clunky diff for 250 bucks and 70 buck head gasket ! the I6 IS a great motor.

As has been said by bomber, see how you go with ford and it'll probably all turn out well, even though it will be sh*tting you right now ! :beerchug:

  • Member
  • Member For: 16y 2m 14d
  • Gender: Not Telling
Posted

I must agree with Bomber on this one. I think that with the investment made you are entitled to a new engine. Just to deviate a little as a collective group, if this doesn't work out for Cranny, is it possible that we via email we advocate on behalf of him. That is, through our combined efforts (people power) we could send an email to the selling dealer highlighting our dissatisfaction of his treatment(if this is the case), and our expectation of after sales service (based on brand loyality). I feel that this could be a way, through solidarity to help fellow members obtain natural justice. In this case I would be more than happy to provide support to obtain a satisfactory outcome. Cranny I do feel for you, and I am sure you have lost many hours of sleep (I know if it was me, I wouldn't a slept a wink), but mate just hang in there because I am certain that this mess will come good for you,Cheers

  • Like 1
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 15y 11m 12d
  • Gender: Male
Posted

I really hope this works out for cranny, probably scare a few people of buying one now.

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 20y 1m 8d
Posted

FPV will cover him no worries at all - they are a very good bunch of people who understand the heartache in these situations and will go out of their way to help.

The dealers on the other hand are the whole problem and unfortunately the normal means of communication between FPV and the customer.

My advice would be try and get in direct contact with FPV as soon as you are able.

I am also bemused by the bandwagoners in this thread already - Cranny hadn't even contacted FPV in the first post and people are already basically picketing out the front. Calm the fudge down guys and put the effigies away.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...