Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Member
  • Member For: 15y 10m 27d
Posted

Ok so my remote locked stopped working and battery was replaced less than 6 months ago and car is not used much so I doubt it has a flat battery.. So have been using the key to open the drivers door but now I have found that when I open or close the drivers door the lock will pop down then back up again. Anyone know why this maybe happening ? I tried to reprograme my remote but no success so will try a new battery just incase. apart from that anybody else maybe have some trouble shooting ideas ?

  • Cruise Whore
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 21y 1m 29d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Melbourne
Posted

Yep I had it. Is your ceiling light on when they pop up? Indicates possibly a short somewhere making the locking system think a door or bootlid is still open. Happened to me mostly after rain ie moisture into the doors.

How did I solve it. I didn't. It just went away. Probably because I try to keep the suspect door dry when it rains. Also I think it might be a loose connection and moisture acting together. Noticed when I went over a speed hump the ceiling light would go out and I could lock the doors.

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 1m
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Townsville
Posted

Could also probably be a faulty micro switch in the door locking mechanism. I originally thought it was my alarm system on my BA until the elec guy at an Autobarn mentioned the mirco switches doing this random lock unlock. It ended up being my drivers door switch that was faulty. For the fix I remember having the arm that slides passed and presses the micro switch moved slightly so that it depresses it more as it swing by.

An easy test is to do one door at a time and just unplug the connector that gives the lock power, if it stops then you know its that door. You cant test the drivers door as it powers them all so if the other three dont stop it then you can assume that its the drivers door!

  • Member
  • Member For: 15y 10m 27d
Posted

Cool, Thanks for the tips ill have to investigate it now.. Also just found out today that my boot pop button is not releasing the boot either so im assuming there all linked together some how..

  • Here since the start...
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 5m 8d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Victoria
Posted

Sounds like one of the door lock actuators is broken. If it's the shaft then you'll hear the motor work, but the door won't lock. The shaft can be replaced. If the motor is gone then you'll need a new actuator.

You'll need to narrow down which door actuator is faulty.

  • Member
  • Member For: 15y 10m 27d
Posted

Sounds like one of the door lock actuators is broken. If it's the shaft then you'll hear the motor work, but the door won't lock. The shaft can be replaced. If the motor is gone then you'll need a new actuator.

You'll need to narrow down which door actuator is faulty.

If it is the actuator would the lock button on the centre dash still unlock all 4 doors ? As mine still unlocks all the doors when pushed ....

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...