Venom XR6 Member 1,460 Member For: 23y 5m 11d Location: Geelong Victoria Posted 21/11/03 10:06 AM Posted 21/11/03 10:06 AM Auto XR8's are quicker than the manuals. My stock XR8 auto has run 14.2 at Calder and might be even quicker with some more k's on it. The lower diff ratio of the auto and the easier launch make it quicker.
SR-71 Blackbird Member 235 Member For: 22y 10m 29d Location: Mount Isa Queensland Go the Maroons Posted 24/11/03 05:48 AM Posted 24/11/03 05:48 AM One of my friends has an xr8. We put his xr8 manual against my six-turbo auto. Three passes xr6t won three times. But only marginally not as much as motor mags and others will have you believe. Say the closest was only 1/4 car length. Clutch on the xr8 didn't smell too good. With a better take off and a better clutch, I recon the 8 would have eaten the turbo. My car has 3,500kms on it now seems happier after the runs as it seems a little looser. The eight has about 20,000kms. But has a list of problems too long to for me to put in one reply. Interested to know if anyone else has had problems with the eight and any fixes. A letter was personally handed to Geoff Polities about the problems with this car. That was taken by one of his executives and placed into their briefcase without him reading it. Service department at the dealer have tried every avenue to fix problems but no fix. We need California’s lemon rule as this car has definitely had more than the 3 strikes looking more like 15 - 20 strikes. :( :banghead:
240 T Member 335 Member For: 23y 6m 1d Gender: Male Location: Mexico Posted 24/11/03 10:00 AM Posted 24/11/03 10:00 AM damn I have only heard of these problems with the XR8's#1: Droping oil on the garage floor#2: Boss 290 & 260 dodgy lot of rings early build onlyGood things#1: The sound oh the sound #2: The buldge he he he looks so tough
genebaby Abuser of Charvels Member 501 Member For: 22y 9m 26d Gender: Male Location: Canberra Posted 15/12/03 09:05 PM Posted 15/12/03 09:05 PM So I take it there aren't any cool sites dedicated to XR8 goodness like this one? This is a very cool site and lots of info works for both cars, so that's cool.Vic
HellionXR6T I'm Back!! Thats right, long over due! :) Legacy Donating Member 4,348 Member For: 23y 11m 3d Gender: Male Location: West Brisbane Posted 15/12/03 10:46 PM Posted 15/12/03 10:46 PM damn I have only heard of these problems with the XR8's#1: Droping oil on the garage floor#2: Boss 290 & 260 dodgy lot of rings early build onlyGood things#1: The sound oh the sound #2: The buldge he he he looks so tough AMEN, Lerve the bonnet bulge, who couldn't? It really sets the car off IMO. It adds a new dimension to colours like Blood Orange and Citric Acid, not to mention looking incredible on darker colours like Phantom and Silhouette. I'd prefer the look of an XR8 any day, not to mention the SOUND....mmm.If I could afford one, I'd own an XR8 or GT hands down! Probably the main reason would be I've never owned a V8 and would welcome the opportunity, there's just an inviting aspect there that won't go away. All cars I have owned have been falcons, all in-line 6 cyl, it would be nice to have something different. I still want my supercharger though, I don't know how but I'm going to get the money together when the warranty runs out somehow.
-carty nutter Member 1,966 Member For: 22y 9m 2d Location: Wagga Wagga Posted 06/01/04 01:51 AM Posted 06/01/04 01:51 AM damn I have only heard of these problems with the XR8's#1: Droping oil on the garage floor im working at a ford dealership, looking after the mecho's and havent heard anything of this on any xr8..also, my parents have one, 13,000km and it hasnt had any problem at all... runs great.
ms700 Moderating Team 10,170 Member For: 23y 8m 6d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 06/01/04 02:48 AM Posted 06/01/04 02:48 AM damn I have only heard of these problems with the XR8's#1: Droping oil on the garage floorim working at a ford dealership, looking after the mecho's and havent heard anything of this on any xr8.. I'll second that.Rumours, so many rumours.
RATT Member 230 Member For: 23y 11m Location: Sydney Posted 06/01/04 03:58 AM Posted 06/01/04 03:58 AM damn I have only heard of these problems with the XR8's#1: Droping oil on the garage floorim working at a ford dealership, looking after the mecho's and havent heard anything of this on any xr8.. I'll second that.Rumours, so many rumours. Ditto here too. I'm at a dealer and have not had any XR8 with this problem.
240 T Member 335 Member For: 23y 6m 1d Gender: Male Location: Mexico Posted 08/01/04 09:26 AM Posted 08/01/04 09:26 AM Sorry fella my mistake I heard it @ FordForums(once) and Uteman.com(once) both just after deliveryIve only heard about it these two times but besides that you blokes would be right you work thereby the way 20.000+km not a fault
Charliewool Member 375 Member For: 23y 8m 15d Location: Melbourne Posted 14/01/04 01:01 PM Posted 14/01/04 01:01 PM damn I have only heard of these problems with the XR8's#1: Droping oil on the garage floorim working at a ford dealership, looking after the mecho's and havent heard anything of this on any xr8.. I'll second that.Rumours, so many rumours. Ditto here too. I'm at a dealer and have not had any XR8 with this problem. How about cam chain tensioners (leak down causing chain rattle at startup) & diffs (pinion bearing &/or preload misadjustment)
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now