alpha Member 266 Member For: 19y 6m 25d Gender: Male Location: Perth Posted 14/06/11 12:26 PM Posted 14/06/11 12:26 PM Guys I'm about to replace my stock Dunlops on rear with a set of non Dunlop tyres. I'm keeping my front dunlops, but wanted to know are there any adverse affect to car or tyres if I put a different brand/tread pattern tyre on rear of car.
Corzza 777 Member 7,135 Member For: 17y 7m 28d Gender: Male Location: Neutral Bay. Born and Bred in the RSA Posted 14/06/11 09:36 PM Posted 14/06/11 09:36 PM Not really mate. As long as the tires are the same brand, pattern and size its all good.It only causes issues if you have a AWD or 4WD. In many cases it has caused the diff to go.
Tobey Awesome... Member 407 Member For: 16y 2m 24d Gender: Male Posted 14/06/11 10:40 PM Posted 14/06/11 10:40 PM No dramas, I run Nitto's on the back and Kumho's on the front...The only requirement close to this, is you run the same tyres left and right.
dre Resident idiot. Legacy Donating Member 2,068 Member For: 16y 9d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 15/06/11 03:01 AM Posted 15/06/11 03:01 AM I've stillgot the dunlops on the front, p zero at the back, will be nitto's after the tune. If anything I'd say it's a good idea as the front on mine hasn't worn out at 20,000 yet I'm well into my second set of rears.
RegSpec Cruise Control 1,417 Member For: 19y 9m 1d Gender: Male Location: Macksville NSW. Posted 15/06/11 08:44 AM Posted 15/06/11 08:44 AM Right now Im running Yokohama Advans on the front and Nexen 6000's on the back.....same size all round....The Yoko's are fairly soft and make the car turn in real nice....while the Nexens are a bit harder and seem to cope better on the rear...
alpha Member 266 Member For: 19y 6m 25d Gender: Male Location: Perth Posted 15/06/11 09:26 AM Author Posted 15/06/11 09:26 AM cool..I'm thinking of leaving the Dunlops at the front and buying a pair of Falkens for the rear.
Corzza 777 Member 7,135 Member For: 17y 7m 28d Gender: Male Location: Neutral Bay. Born and Bred in the RSA Posted 15/06/11 10:09 PM Posted 15/06/11 10:09 PM Try out Nitto tyres.They are becoming very popular and for good reason. They are a bang for buck tyre
Ralph Wiggum Moar Powar Babeh Legacy Donating Member 19,334 Member For: 21y 6d Gender: Male Location: Perth Posted 15/06/11 10:35 PM Posted 15/06/11 10:35 PM I run a 245/30/19 Ku31 on the front and a 285/35/19 on Federal 595 on the rear, this is riiiiiiiiight on the border of issues with traction control abs etc (more than aprox 5% rolling diameter difference is technically illegal and can cause issues)Same/Same size wise but different brands are fine. I cant recall ever running the same front and rear on either of my T's!
FastR1Red Member 360 Member For: 21y 4m 27d Gender: Male Location: Mt Waverley Posted 16/06/11 11:39 AM Posted 16/06/11 11:39 AM I've been running Falkens on the rear (275's) and have just changed to Nittos,,,,,,difference is chalk and cheese, Nittos are awesome.I run either Falkens or Advans on the front, depends on the dampening settings.
EvilDaifu Cruise Whore Moderating Team 5,130 Member For: 21y 1m 24d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 16/06/11 12:06 PM Posted 16/06/11 12:06 PM (edited) Running Goodyear Eagle F1 Assymettrics front and Michelin Pilot Sport 3 on rear - all are same size 235/45R17So far no issues in 2 days. Both tyres have good reviews and I used to have the Goodyears on all corners. Loved them Edited 16/06/11 12:09 PM by EvilDaifu
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now