Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Member
  • Member For: 19y 6m 25d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Perth
Posted

Guys I'm about to replace my stock Dunlops on rear with a set of non Dunlop tyres. I'm keeping my front dunlops, but wanted to know are there any adverse affect to car or tyres if I put a different brand/tread pattern tyre on rear of car.

  • 777
  • Member
  • Member For: 17y 7m 28d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Neutral Bay. Born and Bred in the RSA
Posted

Not really mate. As long as the tires are the same brand, pattern and size its all good.

It only causes issues if you have a AWD or 4WD. In many cases it has caused the diff to go.

  • Awesome...
  • Member
  • Member For: 16y 2m 24d
  • Gender: Male
Posted

No dramas, I run Nitto's on the back and Kumho's on the front...

The only requirement close to this, is you run the same tyres left and right.

  • Resident idiot.
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 16y 9d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Melbourne
Posted

I've stillgot the dunlops on the front, p zero at the back, will be nitto's after the tune.

If anything I'd say it's a good idea as the front on mine hasn't worn out at 20,000 yet I'm well into my second set of rears.

  • Cruise Control
  • Member For: 19y 9m 1d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Macksville NSW.
Posted

Right now Im running Yokohama Advans on the front and Nexen 6000's on the back.....same size all round....

The Yoko's are fairly soft and make the car turn in real nice....while the Nexens are a bit harder and seem to cope better on the rear... :beerchug:

  • Member
  • Member For: 19y 6m 25d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Perth
Posted

cool..I'm thinking of leaving the Dunlops at the front and buying a pair of Falkens for the rear.

  • 777
  • Member
  • Member For: 17y 7m 28d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Neutral Bay. Born and Bred in the RSA
Posted

Try out Nitto tyres.

They are becoming very popular and for good reason. They are a bang for buck tyre

  • Moar Powar Babeh
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 21y 6d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Perth
Posted

I run a 245/30/19 Ku31 on the front and a 285/35/19 on Federal 595 on the rear, this is riiiiiiiiight on the border of issues with traction control abs etc (more than aprox 5% rolling diameter difference is technically illegal and can cause issues)

Same/Same size wise but different brands are fine. I cant recall ever running the same front and rear on either of my T's!

  • Member
  • Member For: 21y 4m 28d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Mt Waverley
Posted

I've been running Falkens on the rear (275's) and have just changed to Nittos,,,,,,difference is chalk and cheese, Nittos are awesome.

I run either Falkens or Advans on the front, depends on the dampening settings.

  • Cruise Whore
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 21y 1m 24d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Melbourne
Posted (edited)

Running Goodyear Eagle F1 Assymettrics front and Michelin Pilot Sport 3 on rear - all are same size 235/45R17

So far no issues in 2 days. Both tyres have good reviews and I used to have the Goodyears on all corners. Loved them :thumbsup:

Edited by EvilDaifu

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...