Ralph Wiggum Moar Powar Babeh Legacy Donating Member 19,334 Member For: 21y 13d Gender: Male Location: Perth Posted 07/06/11 11:08 PM Posted 07/06/11 11:08 PM 360ish @ 20psi with a 4094 is still low tho! Rip_Hsv's ute runs a 4094, C4 with 3500 stall and a 4" smb exhaust and IIRC it punched out 450Ish rwkw on 22 odd psi with a .86 rear cover...(at the risk of getting sued) Try another tuner mate!
dangreene Member 53 Member For: 19y 2m 10d Posted 08/06/11 12:37 AM Author Posted 08/06/11 12:37 AM yeah that's my next step.I was told my cooler and exhaust were choking it upbut 3.5" should still be good to flow 400.as for the front mount, it was reaching 60degree charge air temps so that's getting changed this week.
Ralph Wiggum Moar Powar Babeh Legacy Donating Member 19,334 Member For: 21y 13d Gender: Male Location: Perth Posted 08/06/11 01:10 AM Posted 08/06/11 01:10 AM Cooler would def be hurting power then. APS Exh is good for around 380rwkw through a manual before the rear muffler starts to restrict it. otherwise it's one of the best systems around
Henz Tampon inserted, Auto Acquired, next purchase a new handbag Legacy Donating Member 9,946 Member For: 18y 6m 17d Gender: Male Location: Vic Posted 08/06/11 08:04 AM Posted 08/06/11 08:04 AM they do, but probably not that much, check our facebook page for a BA using a big convertor and 20-21 psiThat things awesome. Can we have a Write up on here on it?
ratter Member 6,793 Member For: 20y 4m 9d Gender: Male Location: @ my laptop Posted 08/06/11 08:22 AM Posted 08/06/11 08:22 AM The owner is a member here and has not picked up his car as yet, so will let him post if he wants to The video does not do justice to how it sounds, can't expect too much from an iphone I guess
thecook Member 47 Member For: 15y 5m 22d Posted 12/06/11 01:53 AM Posted 12/06/11 01:53 AM (edited) just as a example I have a ba which I have done injectors springs intercooler 3 inch exhaust standard dump cold air intake fuel pump actuator and rebuilt blower with flapper modified out of a manual and got 390 with 970 nm of torque so my opinion is that yoy need to get some to tune it who is a ford freak and lives those cars there are only a few and I have delt with them all.the one I use now is a perfectionest my car spent 8 hours on the dyno and about 20 runs to tune it perfectly and now its out of control. remember 3 inch exhaust no dump. sorry and @ 17psi. Edited 12/06/11 01:55 AM by thecook
phantom6 Legacy Donating Member 146 Member For: 18y 5m 22d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne, S.E Posted 12/06/11 04:01 AM Posted 12/06/11 04:01 AM yeah that's my next step.I was told my cooler and exhaust were choking it upbut 3.5" should still be good to flow 400.as for the front mount, it was reaching 60degree charge air temps so that's getting changed this week.60 degree I <3 Bananas, I have a standard plenum, cold side intercooler piping is 2inch 3/4 Not even 3inch. and the intake temps are no over 40 deg.. all I have to say is go see MICK @ Pitlane. my forged motor is noisy too but bearable.. like other ppl have said, a forged motor is not going to sound quite like stock standard will. if u get a fg bottom end your going backwards.. best thing to do. for peace of mind pull the motor out and put new forgies? *get another opinion, go see Mick @ Pitlane *get a desent intercooler*get the car checked over.good luck with sorting it out
dangreene Member 53 Member For: 19y 2m 10d Posted 15/06/11 12:02 AM Author Posted 15/06/11 12:02 AM I think ill leave the car as is for the moment. its not the most practical thing for work!
dangreene Member 53 Member For: 19y 2m 10d Posted 15/06/11 12:02 AM Author Posted 15/06/11 12:02 AM forgot to add, it has enough power to smoke any hsv so im happy for now
CBXRT Banned 643 Member For: 15y 10m 14d Gender: Male Posted 16/06/11 12:22 AM Posted 16/06/11 12:22 AM 360ish @ 20psi with a 4094 is still low though! Rip_Hsv's ute runs a 4094, C4 with 3500 stall and a 4" smb exhaust and IIRC it punched out 450Ish rwkw on 22 odd psi with a .86 rear cover...(at the risk of getting sued) Try another tuner mate!Luke, I reckon you have to be careful comparing modded cars with others in relation to their rwkw.I have heard reports of a dyno/tuner in Tassie (I won't mention of course) deliberately adjusting the end figures - so the tuner looks fantastic, client pays the $$, and walks away with a false XXX rwkw figure and then tells everyone to go there. Going by heaps of other threads on here, some of the rwkw and nm figures people claim after minimal mods (but then "surprisingly" run really ordinary quarter mile times....) also backs up this theory. I'm sure the best shops don't do it, but I wouldn't be surprised if heaps of Ts on here don't have anywhere near the rwkw or nm they claim......
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now