Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 18y 7m
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Melbourne
Posted

Have to say I was a bit sceptical about this modification so had not done it.

I was down at Jaycar today and thought id pick up the male and female crimp plugs (PT4518 & PT4522) and make a bridging harness so I could reverse the polarity and see if it did anything.

Have to say the difference is fantastic. The car actually now has some bass.

Well worth doing this modification for anyone that has the premium sound.

Pete

  • Member
  • Member For: 14y 10m 10d
Posted

guess I better join the bandwagon before I start buying amps/subs etc and see if this will get me by til the new year.. the factory sub is a bit of a joke, maybe they intentionally did it as a way of making sure you couldnt audibly hear thumping bass outside of the car due to some stupid aussie design regulation?

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 16y 7m 11d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Muswellbrook NSW
Posted

did mine this morning opened the boot and notices the lining under the sub has two cutouts in it made it easy, just put my hand through and unplugged it then used a small flat blade screwdriver to pop the clip off on the body of the plug then ground down the end of a pop ribbet to push the two clips at the front of the plug swapped wires put back together and I would say it made a improvement it aint as distorted now

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 20y 10m 29d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Muswellbrook,NSW
Posted

As loud as mine ?

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 16y 7m 11d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Muswellbrook NSW
Posted

nar quadie doesnt have the massarge abbillitys of yours

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 20y 10m 29d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Muswellbrook,NSW
Posted

Lol

But it's sooooo gooooodddd

  • 3 weeks later...
  • Member
  • Member For: 14y 10m 10d
Posted

Impressive difference, thanks all! Sounds like it should now.. Still going to put independant subs in next year but this will ease the pain for now :)

  • 2 months later...
  • Member
  • Member For: 17y 10m 9d
  • Gender: Male
Posted

after much dicking around with the wrong tools finally did it lol...and yes quite happy with it now! I listen to mainly house/r&b uptempo stuff with bass in it n makes it sound good!

  • 2 weeks later...
  • Member
  • Member For: 22y 7m 4d
  • Location: Bossley Park, NSW
Posted

Wow, what a difference. Thanks for the heads up on this one.

  • 5 weeks later...
  • Member
  • Member For: 23y 5m 18d
Posted

how to get the wires out of the plug,before I break it, I have removed that little clip on the plug but wires still tight, not coming out.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...