Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Member
  • Member For: 15y 7m 15d
  • Gender: Not Telling
Posted

Does anyone know what the most kw a vcm suite tuned t falcon has produced? and quickest 1/4 time?

In the usa, you can buy the software from sct to tune your own car.Why cant you buy it here?

I want to get a tune done on a dyno,then touch the tune up on the road and also make adjustment at the drags myself.

Seems vcm is the only program that lets me do this myself.

Is there any other options around?

  • G666E Turbo!!!
  • Member
  • Member For: 16y 8m 14d
  • Gender: Male
Posted

Question I have, is do you have the experience to tune your own car, mines been to two tuners, both highly regarded, yet one tuner much better than the other, there are that many variables, how are you going to tune it, plug it in and see on the street or rent some dyno time, honestly better left to a real professional.

  • Member
  • Member For: 20y 4m 3d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: @ my laptop
Posted

SCT do a version of the software that you can purchase to do your own car.

Final power results are based on the tuner and the car, one brand of software can not make more power than another unless it has missing parameters, HP lacks some parameters, but not ones that would normally affect final power unless torque management is intervening

  • Member
  • Member For: 15y 7m 15d
  • Gender: Not Telling
Posted

ratter, so this software can be brought from herrod?

I was told by VCM that their software was ok up to 350rwkw.

It must be these missing parameters that come into effect thereafter.

Question I have, is do you have the experience to tune your own car, mines been to two tuners, both highly regarded, yet one tuner much better than the other, there are that many variables, how are you going to tune it, plug it in and see on the street or rent some dyno time, honestly better left to a real professional.

Once I get the base tune in on the dyno(from the tuner)I can then tune it on the road to perfection with a wideband for the AFR's and readings from the knock sensor for ignition timing.Tuning on the dyno is ok,but tuning on the road will always get better results.

The pro tuner would want big $$$ to spend hrs logging/tuning the car on the road,which I can do myself for free.

I have done the same thing with EFI live which is similar to VCM on a r8 that I had.

keep a close eye on your AFR's and timing,no damage can will be caused.

  • Member
  • Member For: 20y 4m 3d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: @ my laptop
Posted

SCT have software called "Racer Package" (I think that's it's name) It's available for people that just want to tune 1 car, I would assume it is available from herrods, give them a call and check.

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 21y 2m 22d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: OZ
Posted

James the Aussie form uses a speed density algorithm to estimate the engines air mass. Tweaking the afr's properly isn't that easy compared to other ecu's. This is why you rarely see a flat afr graph on these fords. The knock sensor/s are also unreliable once you do some hardware mods. Sure you can adjust the gains but again it's not like tuning other ecu's. I do alot of my tuning on the street but speed density tuning is much easier in a controlled environment, I.e. dyno. Not trying to put you off but these fords are a little out of the ordinary!

  • Manual mode ________________________ All day, erryday
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 18y 10m 5d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Probably above atmospheric pressure
Posted (edited)

Best things in life are often the most difficult to obtain :)

I'm mighty impressed with the results you and Luke have gotten from your own tweaking bit by bit, kudos.

Having said that I'm sure you both invested dozens upon dozens of hours, if not hundreds over the years. Gotta have passion.

Edited by -SteveR-
  • Member
  • Member For: 15y 7m 15d
  • Gender: Not Telling
Posted (edited)

herrod no long sell the sct racer package software,their dealers requested they stop selling it! :drinks:

Just another thing that we miss out here in Oz. :crybaby:

Edited by james333
  • Moar Powar Babeh
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 21y 7d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Perth
Posted

I'm mighty impressed with the results you(Toads)and Luke have gotten from your own tweaking bit by bit, kudos.

Having said that I'm sure you(Toads again) both invested dozens upon dozens of hours, if not hundreds over the years. Gotta have passion.

This Guy!---->> Toads is a genius and should stop worrying about Stopping the toads and how much diesel that lighting plant uses and Tune cars for real!

The amount of Knowledge imparted to me by Brendan is amazing. I've done abit of car tuning in the past but without Brendan's knowledge base to connect all the dots for me I would still be spinning on the spots. The way the Ford PCM's references so many different parameters makes it all to easy to get lost and wind up with a result you dont want from a change you didnt mean too make!

No if only he would hurry up and develop and excell sheet for SD tuning the world would be a better place :)

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...