Slash Donkey Dick Member 801 Member For: 16y 6m 11d Gender: Male Posted 18/05/11 08:42 AM Posted 18/05/11 08:42 AM Toads FTMFW! The man knows his sh*t
IH8TOADS Legacy Donating Member 3,618 Member For: 21y 2m 22d Gender: Male Location: OZ Posted 18/05/11 08:46 AM Posted 18/05/11 08:46 AM That's interesting about the Racer Pro software no longer being available. I think Herrod's are simply protecting the livelihood of a lot of tuners and the fact that they would be swamped with queries. I can see where they're coming from. I keep my mouth shut about a lot of stuff for this reason. I enjoy sharing info but it's a touchy industry and I've found you have to be careful what you say and to who....to the point I don't even mention the people who have helped me along the way! I'm happy to share some info but I will never share another tuners info unless they instruct me too. Simple protocol. So James that leaves you with Sniper or HPT. I suggest HPT. With HP you can 'rape' other tuners calibrations to get started, but in the end of the day you really need to learn the software which takes time. I started tuning my brothers Power FC recently and those computers are so ridiculously simple its almost a joke! They even have an auto-tune capability lol. There is a speed density spreadsheet available and has been for a long time. Without going into detail it's flawed so I use my own and keep that info to myself (actually on second thoughts I had had a brief discussion with an experienced professional tuner to get a second opinion!). There's a lot of brains out there regarding this field but the general trend is too keep quiet and share little. It's not like the States where information flows more freely. WA is a small place and I'd be stepping on a lot of toes if I started tuning fords. Better off tuning holdens over this way lol, heaps more cash in it
discostig Manual mode ________________________ All day, erryday Legacy Donating Member 13,798 Member For: 18y 10m 5d Gender: Male Location: Probably above atmospheric pressure Posted 18/05/11 12:08 PM Posted 18/05/11 12:08 PM MMmmmm yes yes...and yer missus aint bad either.I mean, lol. Keep up the good work!
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now