Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 15y 6m 19d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Baldivis, Wait Ages.
Posted

Hi guys

Getting some RDA slotted rotors in the next 2 weeks for a nice price of 200 for the pair. Yes they are 322mm.

I just wanted to know whats the best pads to go with them? I dont do any track work and I only go down the quarter mile every now and then. Other then that its just normal weekend driving and driving to work every day.

The car is a 07 bf mk2 xr6 turbo.

I was thinking bendix ct's but was told from someone that ct's wear the rotor pretty fast. Is this true or not?

  • Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Team Octane
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 17y 10m 11d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Innisfail Nth Qld
Posted

Hey mate.

I'm not sure which pads would be the perfect match, but I myself have RDA Gold Passivated Rotors with QFM A1RM pads. However, the pads after around 30,000kms, have worn about 3-4mm off the rotor, which I was kind of expecting due to their specs and how well they performed. Machining them will pretty much remove the dimples and slots they have, so I will just replace them. No track work, just spirited driving :P I am going to replace and downgrade the pads to QFM HPX pads in the next month (They are equivalent to Bendix Ultimate's)which should hopefully give me a bit better life from the RDA's albeit with less braking power... :bye:

So yeah, for braking performance I would without a doubt recommend the QFM A1RM's (Awesome awesome braking power) but I would suspect the HPX pads would be better suited for an overall compromise between longevity, performance and price, for the both of us.

I'm sure there are other people on here with a better idea about what to pair them up with, but from the research and talks I've had with the RDA guys, they should match pretty good.

Let us know what you end up going with and your opinion of them after a bit of use.

Take it easy fella.

  • Moar Powar Babeh
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 21y 18d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Perth
Posted (edited)

Give Greg at GSL Rally Sport a call, they have switch from QFM's to Remsa pads and has had pretty good reports from them. Im going too use these on with 355mm DBa 4000's.

I previously ran QFM's and they are a good pad but as Notol mentioned they will eat The softer RDA rotors. The Remsa are recommend for softer rotors

Edited by hiddeous
I phucked uo.....
  • Member
  • Member For: 19y 7m 7d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Perth
Posted (edited)

I'm in the same boat, but have purchased DBA's. I don't think Matt from Race Brake Sydney stock Resma pads as I too asked. I'm leaning towards Hawk pads as recommended by Race Brake. I cannot find any short term availability of QFM (HPX) pads for FPV (even from QFM).

Hey Hiddeous..have you installed your Remsa's yet. Interested in your feedback

Edited by alpha
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 16y 10m 27d
  • Gender: Male
Posted

I have RDA rotors with EBC Redstuff pads, and they have fantastic stopping power. Have lasted a fair while now too.

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 15y 6m 19d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Baldivis, Wait Ages.
Posted

Thanks for the replies guys.

Ill look into getting some QFM HPX pads with the slotted rda rotors. I was going to try bendix ultimates but have heard there noisy as **** Can any one tell me if the QFM HPX are noisy? Or if they will chew up my rda's quickly?

  • Waiting for the 1st N/A 12!
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 18y 8m
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Sydney
Posted

I've gone the new DBA4000's T3 slots with Project MU NS pads and I'm really happy withthe combo, the inital bite is amazing!

U3Mrs.jpg

0DVz1.jpg

  • Moar Powar Babeh
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 21y 18d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Perth
Posted

I'm in the same boat, but have purchased DBA's. I don't think Matt from Race Brake Sydney stock Resma pads as I too asked. I'm leaning towards Hawk pads as recommended by Race Brake. I cannot find any short term availability of QFM (HPX) pads for FPV (even from QFM).

Hey Hiddeous..have you installed your Remsa's

Sorry mate, I made a mistake, I got the Pads from Greg at GSL Rally Sport, Got my brake lines from Matt @ Race Brake :blush:

Will be fitting the Remsa´s on worn Brembo rotor today and hope to have the car on the road next week. So will report back in a couple of weeks.

I plan to run out the rotors I have now on the Remsa then run a new set when I change to the New DBA 4000´s. So my initial impressions may not be an accurate compared to new pads on new rotors.

The pads are only $109 a pair so at that price im happy too burn up a set on a set of rotor that only have aprox 30% life left :buttrock:

  • Moar Powar Babeh
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 21y 18d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Perth
Posted

Thanks for the replies guys.

Ill look into getting some QFM HPX pads with the slotted rda rotors. I was going to try bendix ultimates but have heard there noisy as **** Can any one tell me if the QFM HPX are noisy? Or if they will chew up my rda's quickly?

If you can find QFM´s grab a set, I wouldn't recommend Bendix pads, bulk dust and they are rotor rooters. :turboboink:

  • Member
  • Member For: 19y 7m 7d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Perth
Posted

I've gone the new DBA4000's T3 slots with Project MU NS pads and I'm really happy withthe combo, the inital bite is amazing!

U3Mrs.jpg

0DVz1.jpg

Bugger if I knew these were available I would have got those T3..I bought a pair of the slotted 4000 (6x6 wiper slots.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...