Kingo199 Member 11 Member For: 16y 5m 15d Gender: Male Location: Townsville Posted 04/05/11 12:21 PM Posted 04/05/11 12:21 PM Im currently on the look out for some new tyres for my FG XR6TI am quite happy with the Dunlop SP3000A 245/40 x 18 that came with it from factory. I have managed to get 45K out of them and it has not been the easiest of driving. Towing a trailer (about 1.2 Tonne) from townsville to Bris 3 times a year and the usual hard acceleration for a kick every now and then. I'd like to get some thoughts on whats out there.... been searching threads for info but cannot find to much. The car wont be doing any track work, just need a quality tyre.Happy to pay up to $300 a wheel. I know that I can get the Dunlop SP3000A 245/40 x 18 cheap, and am happy to stick with them as they are ok. But it never hurts to ask. ThanksDave
Kingo199 Member 11 Member For: 16y 5m 15d Gender: Male Location: Townsville Posted 05/05/11 11:16 AM Author Posted 05/05/11 11:16 AM So no one has tried245x40 R18 MichelinBridgestoneBlueStreak - I have on a trailer but they are super cheap - not keen on tyres for car.BFG goodrichPirelliETCI know they all have different wear ratings.But after personal choice - why - how many K's you got.ThanksDave
Adam Here since the start... Legacy Donating Member 10,282 Member For: 23y 5m 2d Gender: Male Location: Victoria Posted 05/05/11 11:20 AM Posted 05/05/11 11:20 AM I've got Blue Streaks on my car. I needed tyres unexpectedly and they were a really cheap option.They're a lot quieter than the standard Dunlops and they cope reasonably well considering how cheap they are.
KeepLeft Member 240 Member For: 17y 2m 27d Gender: Male Posted 05/05/11 03:06 PM Posted 05/05/11 03:06 PM Nitto Invo. Got them for $220 each not including fitting. There's a thread on the forum about them.http://nittotire.com/index.html#index.tire.invo
Tobey Awesome... Member 407 Member For: 16y 2m 23d Gender: Male Posted 05/05/11 10:40 PM Posted 05/05/11 10:40 PM Kumho Ku31's - $170 a corner. Have a search on the net and see how high people rate them for the price...
sam_rigger Member 246 Member For: 15y 8m 13d Posted 13/05/11 09:18 AM Posted 13/05/11 09:18 AM Ku31 are the shiz!
Tobey Awesome... Member 407 Member For: 16y 2m 23d Gender: Male Posted 13/05/11 09:42 AM Posted 13/05/11 09:42 AM Ku31 are the shiz!Pitty they are rare as rocking horse sh*t at the moment... The cheapest I can find them at now is 200. Going to go the nitto nt05's for $20 more...
sam_rigger Member 246 Member For: 15y 8m 13d Posted 13/05/11 10:59 AM Posted 13/05/11 10:59 AM 200 still is better than 600 on the dunlops as I was quoted recently!
LazyBrennan Legacy Donating Member 683 Member For: 15y 6m 6d Gender: Male Location: Baldivis, Wait Ages. Posted 13/05/11 11:19 AM Posted 13/05/11 11:19 AM Im getting brand new federal 595's tomorrow morning. 245/40 r18's. Will let you know how they go.
sam_rigger Member 246 Member For: 15y 8m 13d Posted 13/05/11 11:24 AM Posted 13/05/11 11:24 AM How much?
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now