xr6t4life Member 129 Member For: 17y 2m 13d Gender: Male Location: Perth WA Posted 28/04/11 01:41 PM Posted 28/04/11 01:41 PM I agree I wouldnt waste money on a bp airbox on an N/A keep the cai u have and get a full exhaust system tune and you will be set
Bomber Carnage on the Garage Floor Legacy Donating Member 3,994 Member For: 16y 4m 17d Gender: Male Location: Gold Coast Posted 28/04/11 08:57 PM Posted 28/04/11 08:57 PM what's so funny Bomber?sorry mate - wasn't aimed at you all all. Andrewd's close when he relised it was n/a - that was gold. Then s3xr6t followed up with the same and I'm off me meds . Gotta be nice to him but he makes good stuff . I'd stay with what your got mate, most do with the turbo also. Don't know how well the factory n/a zorst works so maybe look into that. I know of some n/a's getting around with over 200rwkw which is pretty impressive without a huffer.
sam_rigger Member 246 Member For: 15y 8m 13d Posted 28/04/11 09:46 PM Author Posted 28/04/11 09:46 PM yeah I've got a full exhaust, just waiting a bit longer to put it on and then get PitLane to tune it.
Bomber Carnage on the Garage Floor Legacy Donating Member 3,994 Member For: 16y 4m 17d Gender: Male Location: Gold Coast Posted 28/04/11 10:34 PM Posted 28/04/11 10:34 PM
Buf-Phoon loitering with intent Legacy Donating Member 13,318 Member For: 23y 1m 9d Gender: Male Location: Zombie Birdhouse Posted 28/04/11 11:08 PM Posted 28/04/11 11:08 PM I cannot beleive the number of blokes driving around with turbo back exhausts wihout a tune. FFSedit NA car. fark, comment stil remains however
sam_rigger Member 246 Member For: 15y 8m 13d Posted 29/04/11 01:15 AM Author Posted 29/04/11 01:15 AM I assume you aren't talking about me, I don't even have an aftermarket exhaust fitted yet, it's sitting in my brother's Garage waiting for me to come and collect.AND I will be getting it tuned very soon after that is fitted, @ Pit Lane Automotive.But I agree, have turbo back Exhausts GET TUNE. I have heard that time and time again.
Bomber Carnage on the Garage Floor Legacy Donating Member 3,994 Member For: 16y 4m 17d Gender: Male Location: Gold Coast Posted 29/04/11 01:27 AM Posted 29/04/11 01:27 AM I cannot beleive the number of blokes driving around with turbo back exhausts wihout a tune. FFSedit NA car. fark, comment stil remains howeverStrike three - we're all out
sam_rigger Member 246 Member For: 15y 8m 13d Posted 29/04/11 01:48 AM Author Posted 29/04/11 01:48 AM haha Bomber you have gone CRAAAAZY! LOL
RUS531 RUS531 Legacy Donating Member 410 Member For: 20y 1m 8d Gender: Male Location: Emerald QLD Posted 08/05/11 10:45 AM Posted 08/05/11 10:45 AM I have had the BPR CAI on my previous ute (BF XR6 N/A). I had it tuned using the xr8 snorkel then changed to the BRP unit and it did make a significant seat of pants difference. I did not get a dyno comparison becuase I lived a good 10hrs from the tuner, and using a different dyno wasn't going to be an accurate comparison. In my opinion I reckon they are a good bit of gear.I wouldn't be too worried about the tune if you are changing your exhaust, unlike the turbo engines, you won't be running any risks without retuning, you just won't be getting the most out of your enitre setup.
JTXR6T Legacy Donating Member 64 Member For: 19y 7m 2d Gender: Male Posted 19/05/11 11:56 AM Posted 19/05/11 11:56 AM Ive got one on my ute, was there when I bought it. This car is completely different to my last T so its hard to tell how good it is. I know that it sounds good and is a tidy piece of kit, not sure that id shell $650 for one though... plus its a pain in the a$$ to fill the washer bottle
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now