Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Member
  • Member For: 15y 8m 14d
Posted

Hi All,

just wanted to vent a little bit about a situation I've found myself in.

Basically this is how it went down.

I currently own a 2010 XR6 Ute, 6speed manual etc, and wanted to trade in my ute, for pretty much the same thing but in a ZF Auto 6sp.

So, I went to a Ford Dealer who will remain nameless for now, spoke to a salesmen, and he pointed out a ute in the yard that was the same as mine, even the colour.

It had the price on the windscreen, $31,990, also showing off 18" wheels and a bluetooth kit fitted (the bluetooth was shown to me on the test drive I took in it that same day.)

So, after agreeing on a trade-in price on my ute, and the 31,990 (drive away no more to pay.....) I paid a $500 deposit. So after I paid the deposit, I owed $6600 difference. Fine.

ALL SEEMS FAIR RIGHT?

Today, I get a phone call from another senior salesperson at that same dealer, saying that there had been a mistake and that I have to pay 1000 dollars for the bluetooth and the 18" wheels because they weren't part of the deal.

Can you believe that? I've already signed the contract.

They guy actually said to me, "oh well the bluetooth kit and 18" wheels aren't on the contract," to which I said "well neither is the friggin' steering wheel but I assume I get one of those......"

So now they have knocked it down to 500 bucks, but I'm still furious.

Ford Australia weren't much help, I guess cause they don't own the dealership.

I feel like naming and shaming the Dealership, but not sure whether I should.

Thoughts?

  • Tampon inserted, Auto Acquired, next purchase a new handbag
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 18y 6m 9d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Vic
Posted

Ild tell them to punch it straight up there ass. It sounds like there trying to take you for a ride.

  • Dropping a turd
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 18y 11m 2d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Perth
Posted (edited)

If these items were on the car when you signed the offer to purchase then they are included as they were not listed down as accessories. Tell them the contract is binding and remind them there is no cooling of period. Its different when the shoe is on the other foot hey!

The car your buying is the car you test drove right?

Edited by arronm
  • Carnage on the Garage Floor
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 16y 4m 18d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Gold Coast
Posted (edited)

Common story this one. I had something similar with the tool of a new car manager at C***PION FORD MIAMI, GOLD COAST after I ordered a new XR6T sedan, paid the deposit, then he rang the the next day and said "that was a ute you wanted wasn't it". I too tried to kept them to the contract via head office, but no. He knew damn well I wanted a sedan. We sat in one for f*ck sake when negotiating the deal! He screwed up with the price and used the ute excuse to weasel out - *beep*. The best still to come though. Bought elsewhere - I think the next day - then when head office did contact me they said he'd had a sook 'cause I'd gone elsewhere and they'd lost the deal. Are these *beep* f*cking kidding!

Tell them ya gunna walk mate. That or they are going to have to throw some extras at it like tint, mats, ect.

Edited by bomber
  • Member
  • Member For: 15y 8m 14d
Posted

yeah they are total wankers.

I'm gonna try and get mats at least, and a full tank of fuel.

I know I've been taken for a ride, the problem I have is that I really want that ute, and they know it.

I told them that if it was already fitted, then it has to come with it as per the agreed price, but they kept tip-toeing around the issue.

I cracked it big time. They are calling me tomoz, so I will insist on at least floor mats and full tank of fuel.

They won't give me tint, I'd guarantee that.

  • BOOST
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 23y 24d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Southern Highlands NSW
Posted

I wouldnt give in at all. F em I say.

If not actions speak louder than words. Time to walk

  • Member
  • Member For: 15y 8m 14d
Posted

Yeah problem is, I was going to get a 50th anniversary ute, but they couldn't track down a black one, so now there aren't many 2010 plated ones around, most are 2011.....(which I can't afford) so I"m in a bit of a hard place.

I want to say STiCK IT, but I don't have many options..... I will have a firm chat with the sales guy (the senior one) and demand floor mats and fuel, or I walk. I don't they will give me tint

  • Carnage on the Garage Floor
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 16y 4m 18d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Gold Coast
Posted

nup, never let the farrkers think they're in control. Times are tough mate - remember that. Nobody, especially Ford, are moving many units. I would love to be buying right now. OMG, I almost feel sorry for 'em thinking about it. They'd be dragging their carcass severed and bleeding by the time I finished crunching a deal in this climate.

Stick to your guns made and like my old man says, there's always a better deal and another car.

  • Sucker
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 22y 5m 4d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Brisbane
Posted

So you're paying the price on the windscreen, not negotiated down at all, and they're still trying to bend you over? :blink:

Sounds like they've got you sucked in...walk away and find another one. There's plenty out there.

  • Member
  • Member For: 15y 8m 14d
Posted

they whole thing is that they are saying the the price on the windscreen isn't correct to THAT car. They rekon it says 'from 31990,' not '31990'

And yes I know I sound like a sucker.

And you know what, Fark it.

They Dealership is Y*rra Ranges Ford, in Lilydale, Melbourne.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...