webby324 Legacy Donating Member 313 Member For: 16y 2m 30d Gender: Male Location: Yarra Valley Posted 16/03/11 09:28 AM Posted 16/03/11 09:28 AM Hmmm ok then, I havn't heard of people making that much power without changing atleast the cat :s . You should get change the stock cat over to 100cpi cat and that will allow your other mods to reach their potential. The car must be struggling with the amount of airflow its creating with such a restrictive exhaust.
riptide Member 733 Member For: 15y 8m 11d Gender: Male Location: Auckland, New Zealand Posted 16/03/11 05:24 PM Author Posted 16/03/11 05:24 PM Noted. I will keep that in mind. Check out the description next to the red plenum pic http://autospeed.com/cms/title_XR6-Turbo-Guide-Part-Three/A_2794/article.html. They make good power on the standard exhaust. I will see how it goes before upgrading it and put it on a calibrated dyno when I get a chance and put up a power figure in my sig
XRFOOL Legacy Donating Member 65 Member For: 15y 7m 25d Gender: Male Location: Newcastle Posted 17/03/11 09:55 AM Posted 17/03/11 09:55 AM ok my guess 355rwkw with 850Nm when you get zorst done 365rwkw 750Nm post dyno printout when done
webby324 Legacy Donating Member 313 Member For: 16y 2m 30d Gender: Male Location: Yarra Valley Posted 17/03/11 11:26 AM Posted 17/03/11 11:26 AM Why would he loose 100nm of torque when the exhaust has been opened up and dump or cat ???I reckon youll gain a fair bit when the cat is done atleast. Has to restricting the other mods quite a bit.
riptide Member 733 Member For: 15y 8m 11d Gender: Male Location: Auckland, New Zealand Posted 18/03/11 04:41 AM Author Posted 18/03/11 04:41 AM Well, it sounds like I'll have to do something about the cat What if I just remove it and weld a piece of pipe in? I don't think there are any rules governing that yet
webby324 Legacy Donating Member 313 Member For: 16y 2m 30d Gender: Male Location: Yarra Valley Posted 18/03/11 08:56 AM Posted 18/03/11 08:56 AM If you can just put straight pipe in that would definately be better than the stock cat I would think. Maybe get a dyno before and then change the cat and tune it again ?? But turbo cars will always perform better when given the chance to breath
riptide Member 733 Member For: 15y 8m 11d Gender: Male Location: Auckland, New Zealand Posted 21/03/11 04:00 AM Author Posted 21/03/11 04:00 AM Just a slight update on my power output. Driving home on a dry road in a straight line at just over 100k's and I thought I would give it a little burst, not slamming my foot down or anything and the tyres just started letting go 6 speed in auto perf mode with factory dunlops with good tread. Does anyone have a similar power level and what rwkw?
jonn Member 141 Member For: 17y 9m 14d Gender: Male Location: Carrum, VIC Posted 29/06/11 02:56 PM Posted 29/06/11 02:56 PM hey matecan you post a pic of your cold side cooler setup??ive got a HDI gt2 as well and not a fan of it running back around the engine.what kinda intake manifold do you have?
riptide Member 733 Member For: 15y 8m 11d Gender: Male Location: Auckland, New Zealand Posted 30/06/11 06:41 AM Author Posted 30/06/11 06:41 AM Here are some pics of the one I made but I would have liked one of these if I had the money. My one's good but it hasn't got the testing of the manufactured ones. Have seen some good HDi setups with an aluminium version of the N/A curly pipe to the throttle body with the air-box still intact.
Panda Eyes flame magnet Legacy Donating Member 5,674 Member For: 18y 4m 12d Gender: Male Location: adelaide hills- 'race air' central Posted 30/06/11 10:26 AM Posted 30/06/11 10:26 AM do you actually know what power your car is making yet?
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now