Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Three pedals are better then two..
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 19y 4m 14d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Melbourne
Posted

AAMI were 3 grand, I promptly told them to go fornicate themselves..

  • Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

  • Sucker
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 22y 5m 15d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Brisbane
Posted

Probably used to just ripping-off the poor old senile bastards with dementia I guess :idunno:

  • Resident idiot.
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 16y 20d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Melbourne
Posted

I an with aami and pay less to insure the f6 than some if you do to insure your g6e!

I'm paying 1300 a year, 33 rating 1. Cars modded too all listed on the policy.

FYI I went over the phone- it was actually cheaper than on line even though on line has a discount. Also had no issues with mods and was told there is no limit. I used to be with just car and it was ok but way too expensive.

  • Three pedals are better then two..
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 19y 4m 14d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Melbourne
Posted

that's annoying, I might try them again. You can just swap insurance policies when ever you want cant you?

  • Resident idiot.
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 16y 20d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Melbourne
Posted (edited)

I've jumped ship a few times. Aami just send a cheque out with the balance of your policy.

- I forgot to mention each time I change something on the far I ring them and that way it's covered on my policy, last time was for coilovers which did increase the policy cost. They sent out a new updated policy which I had to pay another $170 but it includes the value to replace coilovers and also my car will be covered if something went wrong and I spun off the road or something. Wouldn't advise anyone to modify suspension without informing them.

Edited by dre
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 15y 11m 18d
  • Gender: Male
Posted

I use cgu 37 years old rating 1 with all the mods. only pay $710pa. excess $500. give them a shot you might be suprised.

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 16y 12d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Sydney
Posted

The big variable that ppl are not explaining is location. From one street to the next, one suburb to the next and one state to the next there are huge differences. This is why AAMI will insure some of you guys for $700 and others for $3,000, its not because the bloke who got it cheaper bargained the price down.

Each person needs to do their own research as different insurance companies have different rates for age/location/driving record etc.

Unless you are the same age, with the same record in the same street, these comparisons are not worth a toss.

  • Sucker
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 22y 5m 15d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Brisbane
Posted

...and use internet quotes. Often you get some idiot on the end of the phone that really has no idea as to exactly what make/model they need to be selecting in their system.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...