The Falcon Legacy Donating Member 22 Member For: 15y 7m 28d Posted 06/02/11 01:54 AM Posted 06/02/11 01:54 AM Hi all,I am new to the forum and learning a lot.I have just purchased injectors and a flash tuner from CAPA for my 04 XR6T.Is there any thing I need to watch out for when changing the injectors?From what I can see I need to remove the throtal body assy to get to the injectors.ThanksGreg
bradles024 Legacy Donating Member 1,145 Member For: 16y 10m 15d Gender: Male Posted 06/02/11 02:26 AM Posted 06/02/11 02:26 AM Try not to drop the clips, can be really hard to find. When you pull the fuel rail off, some of them might not come out, just give them a gentle twist and they will. And put a little bit of engine oil on the o-rings before you put the new ones in. And put something in the hole on the plenum so nothing goes in there while your working.
Wenier Legacy Donating Member 1,736 Member For: 16y 8m 12d Gender: Male Location: Christchurch, New Zealand Posted 06/02/11 02:26 AM Posted 06/02/11 02:26 AM You need to watch out for the fact that your new (I assume) larger injectors will run it very rich on the current duty cycle in the ecu.
bradles024 Legacy Donating Member 1,145 Member For: 16y 10m 15d Gender: Male Posted 06/02/11 03:31 AM Posted 06/02/11 03:31 AM He said hes got a flash tuner? I assume that has a generic tune in it? Either way I'd be getting a custom tune mate, you definitely won't regret it.
The Falcon Legacy Donating Member 22 Member For: 15y 7m 28d Posted 06/02/11 05:32 AM Author Posted 06/02/11 05:32 AM Thanks for the advise.The flash tuner and the injectors are a stage 2 package from CAPA.I will pick up a new gasket and fit it all next Saterday.I will keep you all posted.ThanksGreg
The Falcon Legacy Donating Member 22 Member For: 15y 7m 28d Posted 12/02/11 10:49 PM Author Posted 12/02/11 10:49 PM I started at 7:30. The clips on the injectors dont sit as well on the new injectors,A bit of fiddeling around.Is there a special tool to remove the hose clamps? The clamp on the brake booster hose is a real sh*t to get back on.All finished at 9:30, It started no problem and ideled fine.Time for a drive.The first thing I noticed was its a little slugish down low. When its gets to 3000rpm what a difference,traction control goes into over time.Not sure what sort of power its making,The next step will be looking for traction.I am a very happy camper and thanks everyone for all the tips.Iamheading outfor another drive.Greg
kyle173 Legacy Donating Member 774 Member For: 17y 10m 28d Gender: Male Location: brisbane Posted 12/02/11 11:44 PM Posted 12/02/11 11:44 PM be carfull with out a custom tune few bad stories from generic tunes
The Falcon Legacy Donating Member 22 Member For: 15y 7m 28d Posted 15/02/11 05:56 AM Author Posted 15/02/11 05:56 AM I think its running a little rich. Its bit fumey at idle. Maybe this is normal as I did nottake any notice before. There is no problem with the way it runs, smooth running and drives very well.I will look into getting a custom tune in the near future.
The Falcon Legacy Donating Member 22 Member For: 15y 7m 28d Posted 10/03/11 08:11 AM Author Posted 10/03/11 08:11 AM I had a custom tune done today by Gentec in Canberra. This made a big difference it is so smooth and the power is muchmore linier. It made 247.4rwkw. Very happy
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now