Time Flys When You're Not Driving !

Sleeper6T

• Member For: 15y 7m 2d

Well here it is, 18 months later and it certainly has been a Hard Lesson Learned (original thread).

For those that don't remember I did lose my license under the hoon law, after doing what can only be described as idiotic and irresponsible down a freeway one mild Sunday morning. I had the car impounded I had my day in court and paid the large fine and ridiculously large solicitor fee, plus the impound fee.

And So now I have the option im sure a lot of people have been in where they choose to keep their license but cannot receive any infringements for 12 months or lose it for an extra 3 months. Taking the option to keep my license means as long as I get through the 12 month period unblemished then every single point I have is wiped and I start back at zero according to Vic Roads.

What has been learned? Well first of all I've dropped 40kg from riding and walking more, I have a greater respect for the actual privileged of driving, and just smile at the people who zip in and out around me trying to beat the lights or another driver and think it wasnt that long ago that it was me doing that. The car has since long gone, and I've actually got a more family car a 4wd that is fitting in rather well especially with a 9 and 11 year old not to mention the new addition to the family with our baby girl coming into the world 5 weeks ago.

The future? - well no more turbo's for me but I have paid for another car that I'm hoping to spend the next 5-10 years doing up. Pics are below of the purchase and also what I'd like the end result to be. Nothing says Mopar like a nice big Hemi powerplant on some american muscle !!!

Cheers

Brad

post-31603-0-74732900-1295683486_thumb.jpost-31603-0-70896800-1295683548_thumb.j

Edited by Adam
Added link.

• Member For: 17y 11m

I guess you have learn't your lesson and are wiser now, but I guess it's not hard to get tempted in these cars.

The new project looks very interesting, do you have a plan yet to what it's going to get done?

• Three pedals are better then two..
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 11m 1d

Geez time does fly, appreciate you sharing the whole ordeal with the forum mate. Hopefully people take something away from it.

New car looks sick, that's gonna be allot of fun both building and when it's finished.

• Sucker
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 20y 2d

Geez time does fly, appreciate you sharing the whole ordeal with the forum mate. Hopefully people take something away from it.

:stupid:

Can't believe it's been that long and excellent to see your positive outlook. :bowdown:

• You are a dead set goose
  • Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 4m 28d

Congrats on the new addition Brad. Hard lesson learnt but you're a better person from it! :beerchug:

• Here since the start...
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 21y 1d

I'll be buggered if I can find the original thread...it's not in O/T or General car discussion. :dontknow:

Hard Lesson Learned.

:nyaah::blush:

Glad to hear there's been some positives from your experience! :spoton:

I think these types of stories will only become more frequent with the new hoon laws and younger people getting into these cars.

• Member For: 15y 7m 2d

I guess you have learn't your lesson and are wiser now, but I guess it's not hard to get tempted in these cars.

The new project looks very interesting, do you have a plan yet to what it's going to get done?

Thanks for the comments all, it's certainly been a learning experience, and has made me grow up a bit more. If my experience helps anyone then I guess it has to be a good thing.

As far as the new project, at the moment keeping it as dry as possible until the funds are available to begin. For the last 18 months Ive been collecting info on engines, spare parts, colours, and design changes etc. One thing that I did decide was that it would end up being a real show car. Putting a blown 572cc Hemi with around 1000hp under the bonnet with 12 inch wide tyres on the back isn't exactly something you use as a daily driver. We have brought a block of land about an hour and a half from Melb where it is pretty dry which is where the shell is being stored. I hadn't planned on getting the shell this early but came across it through a friend and for the price and how straight it is I couldnt say no. For now adjusting to a new job and having a 5 week old, and also working on building a house within 12 months is where the priorities are at the moment.

Brad