SuckSqueezeBangBlow ʎǝʞuoɯ ɹoıuǝs Legacy Donating Member 1,808 Member For: 17y 9m 19d Gender: Male Posted 04/01/11 06:07 AM Posted 04/01/11 06:07 AM I dont think ford will warranty anything that is bolted to an inhanced vehicle even if they did waranty it. Its the transmission im really concerned with.. the heat exchange is 180 the trans is 7400.obviously excluding obviously modified cars, but I'm thinking more that given whats at stake if the heat exchanger fails after 3 months, surely Ford "should" fix the gearbox. If the car was stock and you replaced the heat exchanger only to have it fail after 3 months and ruin a gearbox I'd be :censored:pissed .7400 is pretty steep. Riki got his rebuilt by Monsta Torque in WA for about $2800 including shipping.I just changed my heat exchanger the other day - perhaps I should have done the remote tranny cooler after all
Pazzo Legacy Donating Member 11,132 Member For: 15y 11m 13d Gender: Male Posted 04/01/11 09:21 AM Posted 04/01/11 09:21 AM what tranny cooler do people reccomend for the zf. I think I might install one to be safe since a few have gone recently.
mic Legacy Donating Member 1,725 Member For: 18y 8m 17d Gender: Male Posted 04/01/11 09:38 AM Posted 04/01/11 09:38 AM ummm, I would be removing the heat exchanger and putting a cooler on !!
A300srt8 Member 507 Member For: 21y 9m 8d Posted 04/01/11 10:38 AM Posted 04/01/11 10:38 AM mine sh*t it self last week same reason heat ex split 80000km 451rwks
GinjaNinja Member 125 Member For: 17y 1m 12d Gender: Male Location: SEQ Posted 09/01/11 09:37 AM Posted 09/01/11 09:37 AM Word is that unless your going to make some big power numbers its better to just swap the heat exchanger units from the F6 spec-r / Territory onesFactory trans cooler has a thermostat working for them so they ensure the car's at constant operating temperature
Trough Lolly Member 4,349 Member For: 22y 26d Gender: Male Location: Mildura Posted 10/01/11 12:15 PM Posted 10/01/11 12:15 PM ninja... more info on that?? interested to read.
SuckSqueezeBangBlow ʎǝʞuoɯ ɹoıuǝs Legacy Donating Member 1,808 Member For: 17y 9m 19d Gender: Male Posted 10/01/11 09:04 PM Posted 10/01/11 09:04 PM Factory trans cooler has a thermostat working for them so they ensure the car's at constant operating temperatureis the thermostat in the gearbox? because there is nothing between the box and the heat exchanger.
darios typhoon Member 73 Member For: 17y 4m 4d Gender: Male Location: northern beaches Posted 10/01/11 09:20 PM Posted 10/01/11 09:20 PM what tranny cooler do people reccomend for the zf. I think I might install one to be safe since a few have gone recently. im using b&m trans cooler with thermo fan and built in thermostat you can them from rocket industries there are 2 sizes to choose fromis the thermostat in the gearbox? because there is nothing between the box and the heat exchanger.no the thermostat will be on the trans cooler not in the gearbox
GinjaNinja Member 125 Member For: 17y 1m 12d Gender: Male Location: SEQ Posted 18/01/11 01:23 PM Posted 18/01/11 01:23 PM (edited) Correct, also, u will noticed that even after turning the car off for several hours (winter excluded) the trans oil temp would tend to stay around the 20-30'C mark, so the next time u use the damn vehicle it won't have to work harder than it should to warm it up when u drive off, less is more Do u think I should take my sh*tbox falc00n to BMW though? The ZF TRANS is a piece of sh*t when it comes to servicing(grammatical errors forced me to edit this thread, just once) Edited 18/01/11 01:24 PM by GinjaNinja
Quicker6 Member 7 Member For: 17y 6m 7d Gender: Male Posted 18/01/11 10:19 PM Author Posted 18/01/11 10:19 PM Well so far my car is at ford pending approval for an order on a transmission. Its been 2weeks surely someone can make a decision. The stats are its been under 12mths and ive done 19,500klms they're warranty states 12mths or 20,000klms on parts what ever comes first.Q:This the same place I purchased the now f...ed transmission and heat exchange from.First I purchased the car $30,000 plus on rd costs, then after being denied the warranty on the first box due to upgrades on the car, which after plenty of dispute ended up costing around $8000 just to get moving it all has happened again.. Im filthy at the hole out come so far.. I certainly cant affored this problem again...
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now