straughsberry Legacy Donating Member 1,846 Member For: 19y 1m 18d Gender: Male Location: Broady, Melbourne Posted 06/11/10 03:49 AM Posted 06/11/10 03:49 AM I put in a claim for some minor repairs when I was with the RACV. I had all of my mods listed. When the assessor came to do his thing, he noticed the Nizpro I/C. It wasn't a problem, but he noticed the difference between it and the stocker.I'm now with Shannons and have a list of about 20 mods which are all covered under the policy. And because of the mods, I negotiated an extra 5k agreed value. Everything that isn't stock, I've listed. F6 short, trans rebuild, fuel pump, injectors I/C, modded turbo, brakes, suspension, rims, stereo (brands of amps and drivers) etc etc.At the end of the day, If you are concerned about legalities/insurance but want to have the mods, you can them engineered.
Dillz Three pedals are better then two.. Legacy Donating Member 15,637 Member For: 19y 4m 10d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 06/11/10 04:54 AM Posted 06/11/10 04:54 AM in victoria, you can have ONE inlet modification. So a stage 1 PW where you still use the stock airbox would be legal. Just Cars still let you have as many mods as you like...I've heard that a fair bit but is it actually proven? Not like the "your wheels are allowed to be 2 inch's bigger then factory" myth.
Henz Tampon inserted, Auto Acquired, next purchase a new handbag Legacy Donating Member 9,946 Member For: 18y 6m 16d Gender: Male Location: Vic Posted 06/11/10 05:05 AM Posted 06/11/10 05:05 AM I'm with dillz, wouldn mind some proof of that. Only law should be that they fill the front bar and are polished
FAST-XR EVIL T Member 259 Member For: 17y 9m 27d Gender: Male Location: Liverpool NSW Posted 09/11/10 04:24 AM Posted 09/11/10 04:24 AM Only law should be that they fill the front bar and are polished
Boosted_BF Legacy Donating Member 51 Member For: 16y 4m 5d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 12/11/10 08:36 AM Posted 12/11/10 08:36 AM I've heard that a fair bit but is it actually proven? Not like the "your wheels are allowed to be 2 inch's bigger then factory" myth.that ones a myth, previously was correct, has since been revised the ruling now is an increase or decrease of more than 15mm in total diameter, but 1" wider rim still remainspage 3 section 8http://www.vicroads.vic.gov.au/NR/rdonlyres/CC48FC10-4D57-4F04-82E1-3BD72EF88340/0/VSI8.pdf
Dillz Three pedals are better then two.. Legacy Donating Member 15,637 Member For: 19y 4m 10d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 12/11/10 09:51 AM Posted 12/11/10 09:51 AM Bri... farkin.. lliant!Is that current mate? or where can we get a 2010 one? I'll make a sticky in the vic section. I tried to find it but always gave up.
Boosted_BF Legacy Donating Member 51 Member For: 16y 4m 5d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 12/11/10 11:11 AM Posted 12/11/10 11:11 AM that was taken off the vic roads website today - so id assume current to get there go to Safety & rules > Vehicles & safety > Vehicle design standards & accessories > Vehicle standards informationfrom there it has a breakdown of all the current rule's in this case "Modification Guide"and happy to be of help
mr_crust Member 44 Member For: 15y 10m 17d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 30/01/11 07:03 AM Posted 30/01/11 07:03 AM I've heard that a fair bit but is it actually proven? Not like the "your wheels are allowed to be 2 inch's bigger then factory" myth.I can confirm that in victoria you are only allowed to have one form of non factory induction.1 - factory cooler and pod is legal2 - factory cooler and factory airbox is legal3 - aftermarket cooler and factory airbox is legal4 - aftermarket cooler and pod is illegal.ive been to the epa on 4 occasions now and have the above in writing
Rudiger All round good guy! Legacy Donating Member 1,122 Member For: 18y 4m 26d Gender: Male Location: Greenvale, Victoria Posted 31/01/11 08:23 AM Posted 31/01/11 08:23 AM How is an intercooler "induction"? The air filter is induction. that's what sucks the air in. The intercooler doesnt "intake" any air. If it had holes in it and sucked in air I'd say fine id agree, but theres a loophole there I reckon.
Kingers. Member 227 Member For: 16y 7m 14d Posted 31/01/11 08:58 AM Posted 31/01/11 08:58 AM (edited) http://epanote2.epa.vic.gov.au/EPA/publications.nsf/2f1c2625731746aa4a256ce90001cbb5/c90ec843f3bbbe8fca256d9f00181c59/$FILE/1031.pdf1. Intake systemsIntake systems are designed to ensure that thecorrect air/fuel ratio is available to the engine for thecleanest burn to minimise exhaust emissions.Systems that provide excess air or fuel can createhigh exhaust emissions from the vehicle. Fuel orother hydrocarbon vapour that escapes asevaporative emissions can lead to the formation ofphotochemical smog.Replacement air cleaners are permitted providedthat they have all connections and systems presenton the original air cleaner and operate in anidentical manner.(a) Open element or pod type air cleaners oncarburetted vehicles are not permitted.(b) Dry element pod type air cleaners arepermitted on EFI vehicles. Oiled, oil-soaked orfluid-treated elements are not permitted. Anysensors integral to the original system mustbe retrofitted to the same approximatelocation.© Intercoolers that are larger than standard orhave a different mounting location or areadded where none were originally fitted, arepermitted only if no other changes to theintake system have been made. In otherwords, you may have a pod filter ormodified/added intercooler, but not both.Any sensors integral to the original intercooleror intake system must be retrofitted and be inthe correct location.Note: aftermarket turbocharging kits thatinclude intercoolers that have been typetested (ADR certified) for the model vehicleare permitted. Documentary proof must beretained to substantiate this.(d) Airflow meters must not be disconnected.They may be relocated, provided they arefunctionally equivalent and are in the sameapproximate location.(e) Modified or aftermarket plenum chambers orthrottle bodies are not permitted. Edited 31/01/11 08:59 AM by Kingers.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now