Bluexer Member 12 Member For: 15y 11m 17d Posted 22/10/10 03:15 AM Posted 22/10/10 03:15 AM Hi, Greg's the name,first post here.I am picking a new Nitro ute this Monday and have had a look around on this forum, not bad, good info.Anyway here's the deal.This new blue thing will be my work and play car, I'm not looking for any more performance as I am stepping out of a diesel Hilux 4WD and have a sneaking suspicion the XR may a tad quicker.My question is are there any "must do" mods for this new beast, to make it breath better, use less fuel etc.Cheers and thanks in advance.
Dillz Three pedals are better then two.. Legacy Donating Member 15,637 Member For: 19y 4m 10d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 22/10/10 05:06 AM Posted 22/10/10 05:06 AM Not really, maybe just a k&n air filter and a custom tune and you should be right.
xr6t4life Member 129 Member For: 17y 2m 21d Gender: Male Location: Perth WA Posted 22/10/10 06:23 AM Posted 22/10/10 06:23 AM f6 second intake snorkel also makes a difrence, not so much for power but I noticed better throttle responce.
Bluexer Member 12 Member For: 15y 11m 17d Posted 22/10/10 09:28 AM Author Posted 22/10/10 09:28 AM Thanks people.Can't wait to pick the sucker up.
tab Sucker Moderating Team 32,303 Member For: 22y 5m 11d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 22/10/10 10:52 AM Posted 22/10/10 10:52 AM ... I am stepping out of a diesel Hilux 4WD and have a sneaking suspicion the XR may a tad quicker.Nah...other than being a bit lower to the ground I doubt you'd notice it. The level of mods just depends on how fat your wallet is/how crazy you are.
tekaani Legacy Donating Member 163 Member For: 17y 3m 17d Posted 22/10/10 09:18 PM Posted 22/10/10 09:18 PM Question is whether or not you want to keep your warranty?
Bluexer Member 12 Member For: 15y 11m 17d Posted 27/10/10 09:07 AM Author Posted 27/10/10 09:07 AM (edited) Well I picked up the new ride on Monday, drove from Vic to the NSW south coast, 940km in one hit.What a fricking sweet car, nice finish, good interior...heaps of grunt.I'm in looooove Edited 27/10/10 09:19 AM by Bluexer
Banned1 Banned Banned 734 Member For: 16y 24d Gender: Male Location: Caloundra Posted 27/10/10 09:21 AM Posted 27/10/10 09:21 AM nice car Greg !
johno Legacy Donating Member 773 Member For: 15y 11m 25d Gender: Male Location: Mt Gambier, SA Posted 27/10/10 09:33 AM Posted 27/10/10 09:33 AM Nice one I like the blue ones. Mine is a BA in Blueprint.Enjoy the ride.
Bluexer Member 12 Member For: 15y 11m 17d Posted 27/10/10 09:57 AM Author Posted 27/10/10 09:57 AM nice car Greg ! Loving it Rabs I'll pm you re those upgrade thingos you mentioned once the sucker has a few kms on it.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now