ebxmple Member 1,322 Member For: 18y 8m 9d Posted 21/09/10 11:12 AM Posted 21/09/10 11:12 AM You cant always hear detonation *Beep*,if the knock control is left on in the tune,it will pull timing out if it detects any pinging,even if it cant be heard. Car doesnt need to be tuned to its limits so its good insurance to be left on just incase you get a bit of dud fuel.
Headsex Legacy Donating Member 2,528 Member For: 21y 1m 29d Gender: Male Location: Melb Posted 21/09/10 11:18 AM Posted 21/09/10 11:18 AM the factory computer was taking 2 degrees of timing out and was a bit worried that the car might get a bit of detonation since then the problem has been rectified.What datalogger did you use to see that it was pulling timing out?
Handrl Member 36 Member For: 16y 8m 7d Gender: Male Location: Perth Wa Posted 21/09/10 01:41 PM Author Posted 21/09/10 01:41 PM Im not sure what dattalogger he uses the car is definately not a handgrenade it had a touch too much timing that's all out off about 15 dyno passes it only pulled timing out once since then he took a degree off timing out running aroun 12 now never done it again and on smaller tune with a pound less boost 18p it made 397 rwkws so it didnt lose much.I got a tune from another reputable tuner in perth starting with M and that was a hand grenade, lucky I know my car and I had a sneaky suspiscion the car wasn't right so I took it back to black mac he ran it up on dyno and it was running 15/1 air fuel ratio all the way up the rev range and black mac told me its ready to blow lucky factory computer was taking timing and boost out or else POP. And lucky I never mashed the throttle too much.I took it back to the tuner starting with M and he said I think its your turbo timer glitching with the factory computer I then told him it never had a problem with black mac, I then told him I was going back to black mac and that his tune was so laggy to drive around and that it was doughy as he then handed me my flash tuner and sent me on my way. After spending more than 7 grand with him and 800 for his bodgy tune that's wat I got people like that shouldnt be in business now I can drive around in drive and not sports mode cos of laggy crap tune
Headsex Legacy Donating Member 2,528 Member For: 21y 1m 29d Gender: Male Location: Melb Posted 21/09/10 10:32 PM Posted 21/09/10 10:32 PM 15:1 afr? lol..
gregor Member 459 Member For: 18y 1m 18d Posted 22/09/10 01:53 AM Posted 22/09/10 01:53 AM if he tuned your car to 15:1 under WOT id be hitting him up for a refund on the tuning. Even a novice tuner should be able to set a good AFR and get the timing right if they have half a clue on basic tuning concepts. The thing that sets the pros apart from that is the little tricks like the auto stall, getting good idle etc..
Headsex Legacy Donating Member 2,528 Member For: 21y 1m 29d Gender: Male Location: Melb Posted 22/09/10 01:55 AM Posted 22/09/10 01:55 AM Where's the dyno graph of 15:1 afr's.. Surely "Black Mac" would have printed it out when they explained it to you
xr6t_ute Legacy Donating Member 2,281 Member For: 19y 3m 14d Gender: Male Location: south east suburbs Posted 22/09/10 09:43 AM Posted 22/09/10 09:43 AM (edited) Still not using paragraphs :-)and *Beep* his helped out alot of ppl even tuners which I wont name. Edited 22/09/10 09:50 AM by xr6t_ute
Corzza 777 Member 7,135 Member For: 17y 8m 8d Gender: Male Location: Neutral Bay. Born and Bred in the RSA Posted 23/09/10 02:57 AM Posted 23/09/10 02:57 AM Great time there!!
Handrl Member 36 Member For: 16y 8m 7d Gender: Male Location: Perth Wa Posted 23/09/10 08:36 AM Author Posted 23/09/10 08:36 AM (edited) Im going back to black mac next week to fit new rotors and race pads to car since I have warped these ones lol so I will try to get the bad tune printed out so I can post it, also lucky escape last night after work going down highway and got those red lights flashing to let me know lights were about to go amber so I was in 2 minds. Then I said stuff it and looked at the speedo I was doing 105 ks and I floored it a bad mistake as the the car started to fishtail agressively through the intersection I backed off and as I went through the lights, I looked to my left and saw mr plod the bloody cops. Hope you boys are liking paragraphs by now LOL anyway the blue lights started to flash so I pulled over I thought I was a gonner mr plod came over and said breathe into the breathalizer how fast you think you were going through the intersection son and I said oh around 120 which was 138 when I last looked down and he said lucky we didnt have a gun on you or you would of got 1000 dollar fine cos that was 80 k zone before lights and cos you were honest on your way. Very Lucky Edited 23/09/10 08:48 AM by Handrl
Handrl Member 36 Member For: 16y 8m 7d Gender: Male Location: Perth Wa Posted 23/09/10 08:57 AM Author Posted 23/09/10 08:57 AM Sorry guys and girls im putting paragraphs and when I attach it comes all bunched up again not sure why
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now