gpxr6 Member 31 Member For: 21y 2m 2d Posted 18/09/10 09:52 AM Posted 18/09/10 09:52 AM That makes my time look average lol. What's done to it?Sorry mate, missed your post.The car has a full system exhaust, tune, intake, underdrives and 4.11 diff gears (4spd Auto). It was tuned by Chris from Bluepower to 171.8rwkw (230rwhp)First time at the drags with the new diff gears, I have to learn how to launch the car all over again hehe
xr6t_ute Legacy Donating Member 2,281 Member For: 19y 3m 3d Gender: Male Location: south east suburbs Posted 18/09/10 03:28 PM Author Posted 18/09/10 03:28 PM Maybe go for a convertor to help you get off the line with the 4.11, how does it go for cruising?
xr6t_ute Legacy Donating Member 2,281 Member For: 19y 3m 3d Gender: Male Location: south east suburbs Posted 19/09/10 12:51 AM Author Posted 19/09/10 12:51 AM All this converter talk.. but focusing on Stall speed..There's so much more to a converter than stall speed.Ivans converter is a smaller diameter converter, it was previously done by someone else, but it chewed up a bush, or the lockup mechanism up (more likely to happen with a smaller diameter convertor than a bigger one).when it was repaired, it was altered a little as it so it wasn't as swashy. Overall, its a pretty good converter. It has VERY good drive in it.. so its not just all revs and minimum drive, which I find very important in a daily vehicle. I know I had a number of combinations done with my converter before we were all totally happy. Although, mY converter is still the original sized ford unit.Yeh the guys at Bayswater Autos did a great job working out the convertor for me.It now has alot better drivability.
JETURBO ...JD TUNING ADELAIDE... Legacy Donating Member 23,708 Member For: 18y 3m 28d Gender: Male Location: Adelaide Posted 19/09/10 12:59 AM Posted 19/09/10 12:59 AM yeh I still got the factory size unit and as a daily its almost impossiable to know anythings been done to it that's why I love my set up so much and on the strip it did its job well me thinks just trying to work out some other ways of getting my sh*t heap down the black top quicker and cause I got simular mods to u iam working towards your times just getting as much info as possiable
xr6t_ute Legacy Donating Member 2,281 Member For: 19y 3m 3d Gender: Male Location: south east suburbs Posted 19/09/10 01:18 AM Author Posted 19/09/10 01:18 AM Your mph is up there Jeturbo,with you running a convertor your time should be lower, I'll pm you my email address and see if you can send me your dyno sheet and 1/4 mile slip and il tell you the comparisons.
gpxr6 Member 31 Member For: 21y 2m 2d Posted 19/09/10 02:09 AM Posted 19/09/10 02:09 AM Maybe go for a convertor to help you get off the line with the 4.11, how does it go for cruising?Not to keen on a converter at this stage as I dont want to sacrifice any drivbility, I'll go back with decent tyres, see how the car goes and take it from there. Would love to nail a 1.9X 60ft though on street tyres with the standard stall. If I did go for one though, I would mostly likely use a mild 2500rpm unit.Cruising is good, sits at 2300rpm at 100 which isnt that bad. Around town the 4.11s are great, much more effortless and I can use 4th at speeds under 60 now and the car doesnt feel like its struggling. Economy hasnt changed at all, still get 400+ks to a tank with mainly city/suburb driving. Probably the best bang for your buck mod you can do to an NA XR6.
Headsex Legacy Donating Member 2,528 Member For: 21y 1m 18d Gender: Male Location: Melb Posted 19/09/10 03:10 AM Posted 19/09/10 03:10 AM A good convertor will still have good drivability, as well as lockup feature..
gpxr6 Member 31 Member For: 21y 2m 2d Posted 19/09/10 03:36 AM Posted 19/09/10 03:36 AM A good convertor will still have good drivability, as well as lockup feature..I guess you dont get a proper feel for it until you drive a car with one. I just remember going for a drive in a friends NA XR6 2 years back with a 3000rpm dominator. Felt great on full throttle when I went in it, but he said if he had his time again he would have just left it standard as he didnt like it for normal drving, thought it was much nicer with the stock stall.Another mate had a 3500rpm Dominator in his with 4.11s (car ran high 13s) but he cooked his auto on long distance trip, which to be honest put me off changing it. that's why I thought 2500rpm would be better for my application, with the 4.11s at 110 the car will be sitting near on 2500rpm aswell.
Headsex Legacy Donating Member 2,528 Member For: 21y 1m 18d Gender: Male Location: Melb Posted 19/09/10 03:40 AM Posted 19/09/10 03:40 AM So you've answered your own question... Don't get a Dominator! I'm sure Grant from bayswater used to be the brains of Autoflite/Dominator when he was there..
gpxr6 Member 31 Member For: 21y 2m 2d Posted 19/09/10 03:53 AM Posted 19/09/10 03:53 AM So you've answered your own question... Don't get a Dominator! I'm sure Grant from bayswater used to be the brains of Autoflite/Dominator when he was there..Haha :-P I always thought the Dominator units were superior to TCI etc. What would you recommend?
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now