FGX 40T Legacy Donating Member 142 Member For: 16y 5m 29d Gender: Male Location: WA - South of the River Posted 21/09/10 07:38 AM Author Posted 21/09/10 07:38 AM (edited) ASL just replied - no mod for FG. Looks like aftermarket headunit. I think I will get the Alpine iDA-X305S with Bluetooth and steering wheel addittions, no CD player, but who uses them these days. Edited 21/09/10 07:40 AM by FG09T
omie_747 Member 46 Member For: 23y 9m 3d Gender: Male Posted 21/09/10 08:17 AM Posted 21/09/10 08:17 AM I have the exact same problem in my FG XR6t ute!!!!ive spend nearly $3000 on a sound system, consisting of :Rockford fosgate Power series ampsRockford fosgate P2 subRockford fosgate 3sixtyMB quart reference series splitsGood quality wiring, and installed by a well know shop here in melbourne...and have that sh*tting hissing noise!!ive been putting up with it but would love and pay anything to fix it and retainthe factory look..my installer said to me its very common with these models, the factory ICC unit just isnt up to scratch.please if any one has suggestions bring them forward.Cheers
SimonT Member 18 Member For: 17y 9m 8d Posted 21/09/10 09:36 AM Posted 21/09/10 09:36 AM If we lived in the US, we'd just start a class action lawsuit based on the premise that the ICC is not Fit For Purpose.They may argue back that the standard crap speakers etc suit the standard crap ICC just fine, but I'm sure the same lawyers that sued McDonalds and won when a lady burned herself with a hot coffee could win the case for us!! Sometimes I yearn for the days when I loved Jap crap imports with their standard DIN headunits that were SOO easy to upgrade. But then I drive my car, and those 206kW limited cars no longer seem so awesome :-)Simon
hawlass Legacy Donating Member 1,161 Member For: 18y 10m 25d Gender: Male Location: left right out Posted 21/09/10 10:04 AM Posted 21/09/10 10:04 AM Maybe a big power tune would help, the hiss would still be there but you won't hear it over the turbo screamin!
bjc Legacy Donating Member 2,823 Member For: 23y 1m Gender: Male Location: Townsville Posted 21/09/10 05:51 PM Posted 21/09/10 05:51 PM Most of you are lucky its only a hiss, I have alternator whine and it is massive, I redid every earth in the car and double earthed the battery with also another 0 Guage strap from the alternator to chassis with no reduction in noise. I then installed a complete setup with aftermarket headunit and cut all speaker wires to the factory ICC and have a guess what, the noise is still massive coming from the actual ICC itself! No noise from my stereo at all but if I could record the ICC whine omfg!!!I even bought a brand new alternator and not even the slightest improvement...My last effort will be to put some filters inline that go to the factory ICC and see if that fixes anything seeing as though you cant remove the Fcker...
FGX 40T Legacy Donating Member 142 Member For: 16y 5m 29d Gender: Male Location: WA - South of the River Posted 29/09/10 11:37 AM Author Posted 29/09/10 11:37 AM Well I have finally resolved the hiss coming from the factory stereo. I got this aftermarket head unit installed and what a difference. No comparison. The sound quality and clarity is so much better and absolutely no hiss. I think the installer did a great job with the custom facia. Let me know what you think.
bjc Legacy Donating Member 2,823 Member For: 23y 1m Gender: Male Location: Townsville Posted 29/09/10 02:29 PM Posted 29/09/10 02:29 PM Looks sweet
Black_Night Member 13 Member For: 17y 6m 3d Posted 03/10/10 07:33 AM Posted 03/10/10 07:33 AM Hey just thought id post a pic or two of how I solved my Hiss Problem, I installed a Pioneer AVH-P5200BT
Guest XR09 Guests Posted 03/10/10 08:35 AM Posted 03/10/10 08:35 AM (edited) If we lived in the US, we'd just start a class action lawsuit based on the premise that the ICC is not Fit For Purpose.They may argue back that the standard crap speakers etc suit the standard crap ICC just fine, but I'm sure the same lawyers that sued McDonalds and won when a lady burned herself with a hot coffee could win the case for us!! Sometimes I yearn for the days when I loved Jap crap imports with their standard DIN headunits that were SOO easy to upgrade. But then I drive my car, and those 206kW limited cars no longer seem so awesome :-)Simon I am loving th sound of this. Farken Ford and their that will do you attitude. Not only do the scabby things put out piss poor sound. The Farken screen is illegible in anything ova 25C. I mean WTFAnd Mr Fords reply. Oh that's industry standard. Go Get f...........................................................rked Edited 03/10/10 08:36 AM by XR09
djkice Boost Addict Member 1,273 Member For: 18y 2m 12d Gender: Male Location: Perth, W.A. Posted 04/10/10 02:03 AM Posted 04/10/10 02:03 AM I use factory ICC with Alpine Digital processor.. Seems to work fine. Although I know they guys who did the install mucked around with it heaps to get it clean.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now